The Assistant Director of Annual Giving and Alumni Relations is a member of the Concordia Language Villages Development team, with primary responsibility for managing all aspects of annual giving and alumni relations for Concordia Language Villages.
The Assistant Director is charged with identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding annual donors of $10,000 gift range and under, in order to meet annual fundraising goals for Concordia Language Villages. The assistant director collaborates with the 15 Language Communities and other administrative colleagues to create and maintain pathways of participation that advance the fundraising and alumni/advocacy goals of the Language Villages. The assistant director secures volunteer commitments from friends, parents, staff, and alumni to provide service and expertise that match the language advancement plans of the Language Communities.
1. Work as an integral member of the Concordia Language Villages (CLV) Development team to achieve departmental and institutional objectives.
2. Work with CLV Development team to organize and implement a comprehensive annual giving and alumni program.
3. Cultivate relationships with CLV alumni, current and former CLV staff, and current villagers with the goal of promoting giving and increasing enrollment.
4. Manage a portfolio of CLV annual leadership donors/sponsors.
5. Attend, create and/or implement CLV annual giving and alumni events for the purpose of increasing giving and enrollment.
6. Build connections and relationships with CLV Language Communities and deans in order to extend the reach and scope of annual giving and alumni relations; support Language Community development and alumni efforts.
7. Work in collaboration with the Associate Director of Annual Giving for The Concordia Annual Fund in co-coordinating aspects of the phonathon including hiring, training and oversight of student employees.
8. Hire, train, and supervise CLV Development Assistant, and any associated student workers in the department.
9. Recruit and advise volunteers in order to promote giving and increase enrollment.
10. Manage annual appeals and correspondence including, but not limited to the end-of-year appeal, Village Vision appeals, staff appeal, in-kind gifts and ongoing scholarship grants.
11. Oversee all CLV local, regional, national, and international alumni correspondence via direct contact, email, print publications and social networking.
12. Oversee the budget for CLV annual giving and alumni relations.
13. Identify opportunities for cooperation between CLV Development and Concordia College Advancement in order to utilize existing resources and expertise.
1. Requires bachelor’s degree; Three or more years of experience in Advancement and/or alumni relations, non-profit management, donor cultivation or comparable experience.
2. Excellent oral and written skills in English.
3. Strong organizational skills and ability to manage a team of volunteers.
4. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with alumni, students, and staff.
5. Technical aptitude with fluency in Microsoft products and interest in learning new software applications.
6. Commitment to the mission of Concordia Language Villages: to inspire courageous global citizens.
7. Concordia Language Village program experience.
8. Demonstrated proficiency in another language besides English, and/or study abroad experience.