We Are On A Mission
We believe in the transformative power of real food, the way it makes us feel and how it impacts the world we live in. We empower busy people to eat clean without compromise because you shouldn’t have to choose between health, convenience & amazing tasting food. We make a healthy lifestyle easy. Our chefs and dietitians reimagine comfort food and then create those favorite dishes with a healthy twist.
At Snap Kitchen we are just as passionate about our people as we are about food! Being a part of Snap Nation means that you are a critical part of us realizing our goals and will play an integral role in helping to shape our business. We will encourage you to sample our fresh, prepared meals made from scratch, collaborate with super cool thought leaders and experience firsthand how easy clean eating can be.
The Director Procurement & Supply Chain is responsible for the development and execution of strategic production planning associated with scheduling, shipping & receiving, warehouse management, and inventory control departments. The Director will have sole responsibility for vendor management and contract negotiation.
- Ability to manage entire materials supply chain within a food manufacturing environment.
- Manage new product inventory via corporate selected system (such as ERP, crunch time) product id, cost, supplier, size, market assignment, and storage location.
- Evaluate food cost, uniform rental, labels & packaging, kitchen supplies in collaboration with menu innovation team and operations
- Work cross-functionally with Operations, Menu Innovation, Purchasing, Engineering, Quality
- Coordinates with Finance on new vendor management supplier issues, vendor returns/credits and invoice issues
- Provides insights into knowledge and trends in the market to better source and evaluate the product
- Coordinate the creation of a multi-markets procurement plan
- Ability to present a business case (cost/benefit) statement development and solution
- Research new purchasing options, including cost and revenue modeling
- Act as primary point of contact for project stakeholders, including vendors and industry professionals
- Ability to govern processes and identifying needed controls
- Integrate supply chain disciplines and balancing costs
- Integrate supply chain with a good understanding of sales and operations planning (S&OP)
- Review the effectiveness of operating procedures and warehouse space utilization to ensure optimal performance.
- Forecasting, demand planning, replenishment, and allocation, at a corporate level
- Create revenue generating opportunities with supply chain partners
- Create stable, consistent, repeatable processes for rapidly changing businesses and start-up operation
- B.S in Operations Management or another applicable field, or equivalent experience in a Procurement Management role.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in a materials Supervision or Management role in a food manufacturing operation.
- Purchasing experience in the perishable foods industry
- Highly skilled in negotiating with vendors
- Must have exceptional computer skills, including Excel, Access, and other Microsoft Office products.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proven ERP experienced required.
- SAP experience required.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills required, exposure to Lean manufacturing principles a plus.
The Finer Print
- You Report To: Senior Financial Controller
- Where you spend your time: Corporate Office
- Status: Full time, Exempt
Snap Kitchen is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, transfer, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. While management is primarily responsible for seeing that Snap Kitchen equal employment opportunity policies are implemented, you share in the responsibility for assuring that, by your personal actions, the policies are effective.