The Institute of Reading Development is a nationwide leader in reading skills programs, dedicated to teaching the right reading skills and providing our students with great experiences in great books. Since 1970, we have taught over 3 million students across the United States. Our mission is to inspire a lifelong love of reading in every student.
Remote Program Advisor (Sales Representative) Responsibilities:
- Sell high-quality reading programs to families across the country.
- Serve as a trusted educational advisor for parents.
- Make sales through high-volume inbound customer calls.
- Recommend appropriate reading programs based on discovery calls with customers.
- Data Input.
- Previous sales experience is recommended but not required.
- Ability to gain customer trust while leading the sales call.
- Ability to learn the Institute’s sales techniques through initial training.
Program Advisor Benefits:
- Earn $500-$1000 per week while working a flexible schedule from home.
- You’ll receive a guaranteed hourly minimum and have the potential to far exceed it with competitive commissions and weekly bonuses.
- Opportunities for advancement with the Institute for top performers.
Flexible Work Schedule
As a Program Advisor, you’ll take inbound phone calls from parents who are interested in reading skills programs for their children. You’ll talk to 25-30 parents each day, discussing their children’s reading skills, explaining how our programs will help, and supporting them in overcoming obstacles to enrollment.
As a Program Advisor, we ask that you work a minimum of 32 hours per week and at least one weekend day twice a month. We offer flexible work schedules and a variety of shifts.
At the Institute of Reading Development, we believe reading can take you anywhere. And we’re continually growing our remote sales team to help students nationwide get there. This is a great work-from-home job opportunity whether you have previous experience as an account executive, sales development representative (SDR), business development representative (BDR), etc.
We look forward to reading your application soon.
You will need a computer with the following:
- Microsoft Windows 10 Operating System or an Apple computer with OS 10.10 or higher.
- 4+ GB of RAM installed, and a dual core processor with a speed of 1.8GHZ or better.
- A wired USB headset
- A WIFI or wired (ethernet) broadband internet connection with a download speed of 10+ mbps and an upload speed of 5+ mbps.
Don't worry if you're not sure about these things - we'll help you figure it out along the way!
NOTE: For call quality assurance, we absolutely cannot support Chromebooks, Windows 7 OS, smartphones, tablets, or any kind of mobile device for the work.
If you encounter an error or need assistance with this application, please send us a message here: