Essential Duties and responsibilities
- Install, terminate and test low voltage cables and fiber optic cables.
- Holds BICSI Certified Technician Certificate
- Route cable through conduit, above ceilings and between floors per job specifications.
- Read and comprehend technical schematics, operation manuals, maintenance instructions and procedures.
- Identify color codes for 568A, 568B, 6 strand fiber, 12 strand fiber, 25 pair and 50 pair.
- Provide or relocate cable and modular connections.
- Assist in installation of communications hardware.
- Complete projects within budget, on time, and in a safe manner.
- Maintain the company’s high standards of quality and professionalism with regards to workmanship, customer relations, and team members.
- Submit all paperwork on time.
- Adhere to all required project specific as well as company safety requirements.
- Conducts field training and second-level problem evaluation using documented procedures and available tools.
- Provides timely feedback to customers and management through prompt, accurate recording/communication of problem systems and status.
- Escalates unresolved requests using documented procedures, working with third-level technicians and/or 3rd party vendors to formulate an effective resolution action plan.
- Recognizes/analyzes recurring issues and recommends constructive improvements to prevent recurrence.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Company Conformance Statement
- Perform quality work within assigned deadlines with and/or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers, suppliers, vendors, etc.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the need for communication and coordination of work efforts with other team members, departments, or organizations.
- Regularly exposed to work in non-climate controlled environments.
- May be exposed to airborne particles and dirt in outdoor or construction environments.
- Noise levels can be high depending upon work site and tools required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must regularly:
- Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted.
- Must be able to stand, walk, reach and with hands and arms, for up to eight hours daily.
- Must be able to coordinate hands and eyes while using automated tools and equipment.
- Must be able to handle a variety of items, equipment, control knobs, switches, etc.
- Must be able to use one hand for twisting or turning motions while coordinating other hand with different activities. Must have average levels of eye/hand/foot coordination.
- Must be able to climb up and down ladders (8 feet routinely)
- Must be able to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and/or crawl in all environments (basements, crawl spaces, attic/ceilings, etc.).
SPECIAL NOTICE: Employees must have good, dependable transportation that can carry an 8' ladder.
NetPlanner Systems, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, NetPlanner Systems, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- low voltage installation: 3 years (Required)
- BICSI Certified Low Voltage Technician (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance