VMI Group Inc.
As one of the fastest growing commercial concrete construction companies in the state of Ohio we are looking for high-caliber, career oriented individuals to join our team. Our company specializes in high-end commercial and industrial projects carrying a strong base of loyal customers as well as seeking new business to service.
As a Laborer you will be tasked with utilizing blueprints to prepare projects for concrete placement. The Laborer also participates in concrete placement, keeps worksite and tools tidy, and uses hand and electronic tools.
- Construct, erect, install concrete forms
- Measure and mark lines on materials, using ruler, pencil, chalk, or marking gauge
- Understand, interpret, and troubleshoot blueprints, sketches, or building plans
- Tie rebar, verify footing, subbase, and form elevations
- Grade subbase, install vapor barrier, wire mesh, insulation, expansion joints, isolation joints, bulkheads
- Participate in concrete placements which includes raking, transporting concrete, management of mixer trucks, consolidating concrete
- Tidiness of jobsite and tool trailer/truck
- Maintenance of equipment (greasing, cleaning, fueling, etc)
- Knowledge of concrete finishing and operating equipment (skidsteers and mini excavators) are a plus
- Have at least 3 years of experience placing and stripping forms
- Carry own tools including toolbelt, hammer, chalk line, nails, square, level, etc
- Must be very familiar with concrete forming systems
- Control mixer trucks, pace, and correct concrete quantities
- Ability to read and interpret drawings
- Very good hourly pay
- Financial Benefits including 401k retirement savings
- Health Benefit Coverages
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $20.00 /hour