To provide managerial support, training and leadership for the food and beverage department at the Grand Café, Lobby Lounge, Café Gelato and Pool Bar. This will be accomplished only by proper use of training programs, communication methods and following the standards set by our hotels leadership.
- Ensure proper control of liquor inventories while maintaining the highest standards of quality and service.
- Coordinates and administers sales food and beverages in outlets.
- Train, supervise and direct staff in the various food and beverage operations in the Hotel.
- Communicates effectively, both verbally and in writing, to provide clear direction to the staff including providing annual and probationary reviews.
- Assigns and instructs Beverage staff in details of work.
- Observes performance and encourages improvement, to include disciplinary action, where necessary.
- Performs daily tasks including preparation of daily forecast, supervising daily adherence of all State, Federal, and corporate liquor regulations pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- College degree preferred.
- Minimum of two years food and beverage experience and two years of supervisory experience required.
- One year previous bartending experience required.
- Any hospitality experience helpful.
- TIPS certification required, TIPS Instructor certification preferred. Bartenders certificate required.
- Must have knowledge of food and beverage preparation and service of various alcoholic beverages.
- Knowledge and enforcement of all applicable alcohol and bartender licensing codes.
- Must possess basic mathematical skills and the ability to use a calculator to prepare moderately complex calculations without error such as determining average covers.
- Strong familiarization with food and beverage financial systems and controls.
- Ability to listen effectively and to speak English clearly.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex system when applicable.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time while touring food and beverage outlets.
- Ability to sit and perform tasks in an office atmosphere.
- Strong proficiency in Excel required.
Reporting Relationship F/B Director
Exemption Status Exempt
Note This document describes the general nature and level of work required of people in the job. It is not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, duties, and skills.
Primary Location: Wisconsin-Lake Geneva-Grand Geneva Resort
Work Locations: Grand Geneva Resort
7036 Grand Geneva Way Highway 50 East
Lake Geneva 53147
Job Posting: Aug 16, 2018, 1:28:34 PM