TEMPORARY HEALTH INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY INSTRUCTOR
NOVEMBER 18, 2019-JANUARY 17, 2019
Are you a seasoned Health Information’s Technology professional or instructor who enjoys sharing your working knowledge? Does the idea of working in a cutting-edge adult training program appeal to you? We have a full-time position available, working at Chicago Center for Arts and Technology (CHICAT) preparing and presenting instruction for adult students in Medical Billing and Medical Coding; in accordance with industry regulations, accreditation standards, job market demands, and licensing regulations.
The Chicago Center for Arts and Technology (CHICAT) is a community-based organization located in the Illinois Medical District that provides cutting-edge adult training in the health and manufacturing sectors as well as high-end digital and design arts training for high school students. We opened to the public in March 2017, servicing the communities of North Lawndale, Little Village, and Pilsen. We are currently looking to fill the position of Health Information Technology Instructor.
Essential duties of the Health Information Technology Instructor include:
- Plan, prepare and deliver instruction and facilitate the learning of students in certification training program.
- Develop, revise, and continually update curriculum and instructional material which are competency-based, current, consistent with employer expectations, and aligned with state certifications.
- Fulfill assigned schedule, maintain accurate student attendance and grade records.
- Develop and deliver customized training for various clients as needed and maintain involvement with business/industry/community through advisory committees, marketing and recruitment efforts, and professional associations and organizations.
- Participate in professional development activities that provide for continually updated knowledge and skills.
- Able to articulate and example CHICAT’s mission and values and lead by example.
Qualifications for the position include:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution preferred.
- Certified as Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) and/or 3-5 years previous experience working the field.
- Prior experience teaching or training adults.
- Must possess a thorough understanding of and be proficient in preparing and presenting instruction in the following subject areas: Medical Insurance Claims Processing, Electronic Health Record Systems, Administration of Physician’s Office and the most recent versions of Medical Coding (HCPCS, ICD-9, ICD-10 CPT-4 and Revenue) and Pharmacology.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to express your interest in this position.
Job Type: Temporary
Salary: $22.00 to $25.00 /hour
- Teaching: 1 year (Preferred)