Taking guidance from the Creative Manager, Sr. Art Director and/or from a creative brief, the Art Director will lead designers and other Art Directors on project to project scenarios and develop design concepts from start to finish ensuring delivery of outstanding design on complex digital and print projects, within tight timelines, while maintaining support of the client’s strategy, brand and direction. Will need to present designs to Account Service Managers and smaller groups to gain acceptance. This includes a wide range of brand creative assets and interactive designs including catalogs, retail ads, emails, online and mobile campaigns, and corporate collateral and multimedia presentations for Bass Pro Shop’s Creative Department. Authenticity is important, so knowledge of hunting, fishing and camping is preferred.
- Create outstanding design layouts, with superior typography and use of color, images and fonts, allowing for clear messaging.
- Taking direction from the creative brief, create high-end designs and innovative ideas for print and digital deliverables.
- Discuss and review creative projects, with Creative Manager, Sr. Art Director, Account Service Manager and/or client.
- Communicate problems, needs and concerns to the marketing, copy, pre-media, or photography departments.
- Communicate brand direction to other departments and educate others on the importance of brand compliance.
- Ability to work in a client-focused cross-discipline team structure and collaborate with Account Service Managers, clients, marketing, copy, pre-media or photography departments.
- Ability to prioritize, organize, work individually or within a team on multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment.
- Stays relevant creatively & technologically by patterning and researching current design/industry trends.
- Other job-related duties as assigned .
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field highly preferred
- 4 to 6+ years digital and/or graphic design experience
- Provide a comprehensive portfolio supporting multi-media experience
- Prefer 1 to 2 years’ location and studio photo art direction
- Proven talent in graphic and interactive design
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Exhibit interpersonal and presentational skills
- Must be detail oriented, accurate and have the ability to produce quality work amid constant interruptions, changing priorities and be able to work on numerous tasks at one time.
- A positive attitude and the ability to thrive in a collaborative creative environment with multi-disciplinary teams.
Bass Pro Shops