The newly renovated Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront is looking for a guest-focused, energetic Houseperson. Chesapeake Hospitality, is an award-winning hotel management company with a rich history and an established track record of successful operations for full-service and select-service hotels and an experienced management team that has operated virtually all of the leading hotel brands. Enjoy the employee travel benefits of working as a team member of IHG Hotels (great rates at more than 4800 hotels around the world) and make good money while you're at work with a great staff! We look forward to having you join our family of hospitality professionals!
As a Houseperson, you are responsible for cleaning and polishing the restrooms, hallways, stairwells, foyers and elevators in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Other responsibilities in this role:
- Thoroughly clean restrooms, hallways, stairwells, foyers and elevators which includes vacuuming, dusting, polishing, straightening furniture and decor, cleaning/sanitizing surfaces and waste removal.
- Empty room attendant carts of soiled linen and trash from guest rooms.
- Clean and remove spots from corridor walls and doors.
- Polish and clean mirrors, room numbers on guest room doors, and elevator doors.
- Obtain amenities and supplies for room attendants.
- Turn mattresses and move furniture as assigned by supervisor.
- Respond to guest questions and provide guest assistance, directions, and information as requested.
- Support the department in any area that will maintain the building and guest service to hotel standards.