Work where you make a Difference!
Dietary Aide - Assisted Living: Avamere at Chestnut Lane
Part-time Various Shifts
Avamere at Chestnut Lane is a Deaf and Deaf/Blind Community.
The ideal candidate will be someone proficient in ASL or willing to learn (lessons will be provided).
Please apply online at: https://careers-avamere.icims.com
Avamere at Chestnut Lane
1219 NE 6th Street.
Gresham, OR 97030
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide assistance in all food functions for our residents as directed by the Dietary Supervisor.
- Set up, deliver and serve food as directed.
- Serve meals that are palatable, appetizing in appearance and in accordance with established portion control procedures, on a timely basis.
- Assist Cook in preparing meals and checking diet trays before distribution.
- Prepare kitchen, food and supplies for the next meal.
- Return clean utensils to proper storage areas and maintain a clean, dry work environment free of hazardous conditions or equipment.
- Assist in daily cleaning duties including sweeping, mopping, dishwashing, etc.
- Maintain confidentiality of all resident care information in accordance with HIPAA guidelines.
- Create and uphold an atmosphere of warmth, patience, enthusiasm, and a calm and cheerful environment.
- Must obtain Food Handler’s Card within 30 days of employment.
Avamere at Chestnut Lane is an Assisted Living Community specializing in care for Deaf and DeafBlind residents. We are committed to providing quality care in a warm and friendly setting. Avamere at Chestnut Lane is nationally recognized as one of the only senior communities in the United States that provides an environment that is focused on Deaf and DeafBlind culture. We are located in the town of Gresham and are currently seeking top notch talent with a passion for the geriatric population and deaf culture to join our all-star team. We are conveniently located right next to the MAX public transit station.