PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of high-quality light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates. PACCAR designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services — you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
PACCAR Parts is the global provider of aftermarket parts and services to support Kenworth, Peterbilt, DAF and TRP dealers around the world. This includes 18 distribution centers globally that support 2,200 dealerships and over 1,000,000 customers. Aftermarket support includes world class customer centers that deliver industry leading uptime in conjunction with our outstanding supply chain that delivers record levels of inventory availability for dealers and customers.
PACCAR Parts has an exciting Retail Marketing summer internship opening at our headquarters in Renton, WA. The selected candidate will work directly with marketing professionals, gaining exposure and experience in retail marketing.
- Learn first-hand from top industry professionals
- Work directly with Managers and Senior Managers
- Develop mentoring relationships with marketing leaders
- Gain valuable hands on experience
Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Perform gap analysis on current program breadth vs. competitors
- Develop competitor specific model marketing collateral
- Collaborate with Product Marketing to streamline opportunities reporting and identify appropriate programs to focus on
- Assist with generating standard report(s) for specific dealers
- Assist Store Support team with open houses, grand openings, customer events etc.
- Refresh Development SharePoint(s)
- Job shadow various departments to gain better understanding of business model
A strong career interest in Marketing
Excellent written and verbal communication skills including creation of formal presentations
Strong organizational and project management skills
Self-motivation and energetic personality
Flexibility to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
Ability to handle multiple priorities
Strong PC Skills including experience with Microsoft Office Suite
Currently enrolled in an undergraduate program
Junior or senior standing preferred
Additional Job Board Information
PACCAR Parts is an eVerify Employer.
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability.
PACCAR's Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
PACCAR has success with diverse teams of employees working together to achieve excellent results. Having a diverse and inclusive work environment ensures PACCAR has the talent needed to conduct business today and in the future by leveraging different backgrounds, skills, and viewpoints. We believe diversity in the workplace increases innovation, results in better decisions and increases employee engagement.