Get paid to tell scary stories!
Boston Ghosts, a certified member of US Ghost Adventures, is looking for energetic storytellers to lead walking tour groups downtown. Tours are held nightly at 8pm, last one hour to 90 minutes, and cover about one mile of ground. Candidates must be great with people and skilled in public speaking. This position is ideal for self-motivated candidates looking for a fun way to make extra income part-time in the evenings.
- Compensation is $50 per tour plus cash tips.
- Walking tours last approximately 90 minutes and have anywhere from 2 to 35 guests.
- Tours operate year-round, seven days a week.
- Candidates should be able to commit to an availability of three nights a week, for a period of one year.
- Applicants must reside nearby, within 15 miles of downtown
The process is simple, and divided into five parts:
1. If this is a fit for you, contact us and tell us why we should hire you to join our ghost tour team. State your availability and any experience with leading groups of people or public speaking
2. Virtual interview
3. Contract completion
4. Training: Our training process is designed to prepare candidates for success.
A) You’ll learn the route and material. Practice reciting the stories out loud, either by recording yourself or in front of friends. Walk the tour route and visit the locations in person. You will attend in person training sessions and may shadow tours. You will have four weeks to recite the material.
B) Once you can recite the stories, you will be tested by delivering a tour to our staff.
5. Onboarding. When you pass your test, you will be set up in our booking system and scheduled. Your first tour will be supervised. Once you give a successful supervised tour, you’re hired!
Tour guides are expected to follow all policies and procedures, communicate with scheduling staff, and must never be late or miss a tour. Taking care of the guests is a top priority.
Serious candidates should email manager[at]iworksllc.com with their resume and cover letter stating why they would be a good fit for this role. Please state your availability and any experience with leading groups of people or public speaking.
We want all of our staff to love what they do, and to love working with us. We are excited to meet you and hope you have what it takes to join US Ghost Adventures!
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $25.00 /hour
- public speaking: 1 year (Preferred)
- Boston, MA 02108 (Required)