Mass Earthwork, Grading and Underground Utility Construction Company is seeking a motivated Estimator. Candidate must have a minimum of 1+ year experience in estimating for site work projects involving mass earthwork and underground utility construction.
The candidate is responsible for supporting the Senior Estimator providing support in the preparing quantity takeoffs for mass earthwork, sanitary sewer, water main and storm drainage items. A strong understanding of materials associated with these scopes of work is encouraged but will train the right person.
- Prepare earthwork computations, quantity, and material takeoffs and crew production projections.
- Prepare and provide detailed estimate of bid quantities.
- Enter bid items and take-off date into estimating software.
- Soliciting material and subcontractor pricing from vendors.
- Schedule and meet with senior estimators to review, analyze and prepare complete detailed proposal and bid package for presentation to owner or engineer.
- Identifying value engineering opportunities.
- Identifying plan conflicts and constructability
- Obtaining pricing for materials
- Obtaining bids from subcontractors
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 1-5 years of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and expertise
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Speak effectively before groups of customers or employees
- Knowledge of Estimation software is strongly encouraged
- Experience with estimating techniques and cost control
- Ability to perform detailed labor and material take-offs
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Valid Drivers license
- Paid vacation, Paid Holidays, Health/Dental Insurance
- IRA and Life Insurance
- Salary commensurate with experience
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Estimating: 1 year (Preferred)
- Insite: 1 year (Preferred)
- AutoCAD: 1 year (Preferred)
- project management: 1 year (Preferred)