Sr. Human Resources Coordinator
Director of Human Resources
The Sr. Human Resources Coordinator provides support, guidance and coordination in the effective and consistent application of procedures, policies and projects in the Human Resources department. This position is key to ensuring the successful launch of HR initiatives and will be focused on general HR functions to include recruiting, hiring/onboarding, managing associate activity, performance management, business process improvement, employment law, associate benefits and vendor management. Additionally, this position provides administrative support to human resources function as needed (e.g. correspondence generation, record-keeping, reporting, accounts payable, HR system entry).
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- RECRUITING - Acts as the “owner” of the recruitment effort by posting open positions, initially screening candidates, providing constant feedback to hiring manager and answering candidate questions. Builds a potential candidate pool through networking in professional organizations, local colleges, and social media channels. Administers pre-employment assessments; conducts reference and background checks.
- HIRING and ONBOARDING - Owns the onboarding process in its entirety, working with the hiring managers and other Summit associates to ensure a positive experience for the new associate. Acts as Program Coordinator for the Buddy Program. Conducts new associate orientations to ensure associates gain an understanding of company goals, procedures, etc. Works with the rest of the HR team to ensure all activities associated with new associate setup have been completed in a timely fashion, like entering new associate information into ADP and other HR systems.
- ORGANIZATION DEVELOPMENT and TRAINING - Assists the Director of HR with training initiatives, to include research on training options and associated costs. Focuses on a process for succession planning and reviewing associate performance to identifying gaps in their career development.
- BENEFITS MANAGEMENT - Assists with Benefits Open Enrollment activities and acts as liaison between Benefits Advisor and Summit. Responsible for all administrative activities associated with Summit benefit programs, to include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, flex spending accounts, educational assistance and 401(k) plan. Maintains accurate and complete benefits information in ADP, to include new hire enrollment, terminations, and electronic data feeds between ADP and benefits carriers and associate qualifying life event changes throughout the year.
- ASSOCIATE WELL-BEING - Works with a wellness partner to plan, communicate and coordinate well-being initiatives and events for associates. Assists Director of HR with wellness strategies and ideas as to how Summit Group can support and promote healthy associates. Plays an active role on the “Well-Being Dream Team”.
- EMPLOYMENT LAW and COMPLIANCE - Maintains knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions. Ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are compliant in all subsidiaries.
- EMPLOYEE RELATIONS - Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues. Responds to initial inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs, and includes the Director of HR as needed. Serves on Fun Committee to create a positive work environment and boost associate morale, establishes and maintains a positive working relationship with clients, agencies and coworkers to promote a quality service image.
- BUSINESS PROCESSES - Assists the Director of HR in developing, implementing and maintaining standard processes for all business locations. Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and project plans. Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions, and department results in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to affect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Minimum 3 years Human Resources or small to mid-size Business experience
- Experience in Recruiting, Performance Management, Training and Benefits are a plus
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but applicable experience will be considered
- Must be an effective listener with the ability to communicate written and verbal messages in a concise, professional manner
- Must be able to work on a broad variety of projects, individually and on a team
- Must be able to meet tight deadlines and targets and to deliver effective results
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment
- Excellent organizational skills, flexibility, and ability to maintain confidential data are a must
- Microsoft Office proficiency required
- ADP Workforce Now proficiency required (or a similar HRIS system)