TemporaryEstimated: $31,000 - $42,000 a year
- Opportunities for advancement
- Patient monitoring
- Certified Medication Aide
- Continuous improvement
- BLS Certification
Full Job Description
The simple act of caring is heroic.
The Masonic Homes of California is a continuing care retirement community that also offers social services outside of our campuses. We are committed to a culture of person-centered care that makes a profound difference in the lives of our clients. We call this the Masonic Homes Way, and it is founded upon the pillars of Safety, Personal Connection, Experience, and Efficiency. From our line staff to our leaders, we strive to demonstrate excellence in serving our clients and place value on high quality job performance, professional development, workplace safety and client and employee satisfaction. We are team-oriented, caring and honest. We are dedicated to disciplined innovation and continuous quality improvement and are committed to sharing our knowledge and attracting the best and brightest talent.
The Certified Nursing Assistant position is an On- Call position reporting to the RCFE Health Services Manager.
- Provide personal care assistance to residents as directed: (bathing, grooming, feeding, and toileting).
- Prepares resident for meals; serves and collects trays, assists in setting up and feeding residents; serves fresh water and nourishments when indicated.
- Help residents with transferring and lifting, raising residents in beds and turning residents. May apply restraints as directed.
- Obtains temperature on residents whose medical conditions warrants such monitoring.
- Obtains urine samples, weights, intake/output.
- Regularly checks on residents insuring comfort, dignity and privacy.
- Provide routine daily medications, either prescription or non-prescription, to residents whose condition and drug regimen are stable.
- Report any adverse reactions from medications.
- Report any observed a change in the resident's vital signs or behavior, or any other indication of adverse effects from a medication, to the charge nurse.
- Will ensure that the resident has a 72-hour supply of medicine on hand at all times.
- Performs related Nurse Assistant duties as assigned for efficient unit operation.
- Attends all mandatory in-services.
- Attends department meetings as required and scheduled.
- Participates in drills and demonstrates knowledge of Plan for Department.
- Cleans each unit as assigned by the Director, including IV poles, ice bucket/ladle, wheelchair/carts.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Current C.N.A. certification
- Active Medication Aide certification
- Current BLS certification.
- As part of our commitment to health and safety for staff and residents, we require staff to be vaccinated for COVID19. We can assist you in obtaining your vaccination during the hiring process.
At the Masonic Homes you will have the opportunity to combine your passion for helping people and high ethical standards with the opportunities to advance your career.
In return for your skills and passion, we offer:
- Work at a Top Place to Work focused on teamwork and support
Job Type: Temporary
Work Location: Multiple Locations