Due to our growth, Newpoint Advisors is looking for a Managing Director to help with our continued expansion and supporting our mission of saving jobs and keeping small businesses sustainable.
Newpoint Advisors is a national financial advisory firm dedicated to improving troubled and financially underperforming small businesses.
Managing Directors will participate in the development of a fast-growing, entrepreneurial consulting practice including assisting in marketing, recruiting, training, client pitches and product and practice development. Candidates should be prepared to work remotely but in a team environment on a diverse range of assignments.
We are seeking qualified individuals to join the Newpoint team; skills should include experience in:
- Project management
- Operational and accounting analysis and leadership around developing and executing turnaround plans
- Financial modeling, including scenario planning
- Financial Analysis
- Understand and work with 13-week cash flow modeling
- Marketing our seven key services to our referral sources
- Collaborate with Newpoint colleagues, client personnel, professionals from other firms, and other stakeholders to achieve engagement objectives
- Utilize business, finance, accounting, and analytical skills to perform tasks including, but not limited to the following: financial modeling and analysis, cash flow forecasting and management, contingency planning, transaction support, and business plan review
- Participate in business development, marketing, recruiting, and practice development activities
- Demonstrate the highest degree of professionalism, ethics, quality and integrity
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting/Finance, Management, Economics, or related field
- 7-9+ years’ professional work experience, ideally in a consulting or professional services environment
- Expertise in financial modeling and analysis (particularly in Excel), including constructing and understanding 3- statement financial models, cash flows and scenario analyses
- Ability to manage and analyze large volumes of financial and operational data
- Ability to interpret the results of qualitative and quantitative analysis and develop insights and recommendations
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize changing work demands and learn quickly
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience managing or leading and overseeing junior staff
- A Master’s degree, MBA, CFA, or CPA is a plus
- Willingness to travel up to 10%
Newpoint Advisors is a turnaround consulting firm dedicated to improving troubled and financially underperforming businesses with revenues of $1-
50MM and/or senior debt of less than $10MM. Our collaborative, process-oriented approach allows us to deliver objective solutions for a fixed fee and on a fixed timeline.
Newpoint Advisors believes in a cooperative team approach: we work with our clients to identify the immediate threats to their business and fundamentally improve their processes. Our tool kits provide a tangible deliverable to assist in monitoring and predicting cash flows. We’re driven by satisfying client needs and working together to build a stronger community and economy.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
- Financial Analysis: 6 years (Required)
- Financial Modeling: 6 years (Required)
- Accounting / Finance: 6 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Work from home
- Flexible schedule
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative