Major Manufacturing company is seeking to fill a full time position as described below. Company offers a rich benefits plan including but not limited to sick /PH time, vacation, insurance, 401K etc.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages AP. Includes, Customer Vendor Relations, and the AP and AR disbursement group which handles all check disbursements, 1099 and tax related matters for the ERP systems.
- Manages accounting functions including maintenance of general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and project accounting; ensures accuracy and timeliness.
- Develops, implements and maintains systems, procedures and policies and functions to ensure adherence to company guidelines.
- Manages monthly closing of financial records and posting of month end information; ensures accuracy of financial statements.
- Enters status change information into project accounting software to ensure employee information is accurate and up to date.
- Provides accounting assistance to operations staff; responds to financial questions/concerns to meet business needs.
- Ensure that proper information is maintained for historical purposes.
- Trains and evaluates employees to enhance their performance, development, and work product. Addresses performance issues and makes recommendations for personnel actions.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or related field preferred
- Three or more years of accounting experience
- One or more years of leadership experience included
- Experience working with generally accepted accounting principles and accounting software
- Must have large ERP AP and AR system experience, as well as 1099 filing experience
- Strong personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Strong interpersonal skills for interacting accountants, clients, and upper management
- Good communication skills for communicating with support personnel and management
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good presentation skills for educating internal clients on accounting principles
Salary dependent on skills and experience
Job Type: Full-time
- leadership: 1 year
- accounting: 3 years