We hold ourselves and the careers we build to a higher standard.
At Houston Methodist, nurses develop their skills through a wide range of educational programs, collaborate with physicians to provide the best care and build upon a world-class reputation for excellence in patient care, education and research. We hold ourselves - and the careers we build - to a higher standard. Our growing, inclusive health care system offers:
- Superior practice settings
- High safety standards
- Professional development & nursing education
- Meaningful collaboration with physicians
- Unparalleled support
- Bachelor of Science degree or higher from an accredited School of Nursing
- Twelve months registered nurse experience in a healthcare environment
- Texas RN license or temporary TX RN license, should obtain permanent license within 90 days. Compact license acceptable according to current Board of Nursing requirements
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Other credentials and certifications as defined by unit/service line
I CARE VALUES
We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
We embrace the whole person and respond to emotional, ethical and spiritual concerns as well as physical needs.
We hold ourselves accountable for our actions.
We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity and value.
We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
Fast Facts | Houston Methodist Baytown Hospital
- 226 operating beds
- 15 operating rooms
- 647 affiliated physicians
- 1,730 employees
- 14,233 inpatients
- 137,540 outpatients
- 56,887 emergency room visits
Hear From Our Chief Nursing Officer, Becky Chalupa:
Becky Chalupa, MSN, RN, NEA-BC, CNOR
Vice President/Chief Nursing Officer
Houston Methodist Baytown Hospital
"At Houston Methodist Baytown Hospital, we have a team of nurses who are dedicated to providing unparalleled safety, quality, and service to the community we serve. Our nurses flourish in their practice through shared governance and many opportunities for professional growth and development."
Houston Methodist Baytown Hospital, located 35 miles southeast of Houston, is the area's only full-service hospital offering specialized medical care for patients at every stage in life. Houston Methodist Baytown houses 226 operating beds, with 15 operating rooms and more than 1,700 employees. The hospital brings Texas Medical Center excellence and quality care close to East Harris and surrounding counties.
Awards and Distinctions
- Silver Beacon Award for Excellence - ICU- American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN)
- Magnet(R) Recognition- American Nurses Credentialing Center
- Exemplary Five Star Award- Texas Department of State Health Services
- Guardian of Excellence Award(R)- Press Ganey
- Patient Safety Excellence Award(tm)- Healthgrades(R)
- ISO 9001 Certification- DNV GL
- Accredited Cardiac Rehabilitation Outpatient Program- American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Accredited Wound Care/Hyperbaric Medicine Outpatient Program- Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society
- Breast Imaging Center of Excellence- American College of Radiology
- Accredited Chest Pain Center- Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care
- Recognized Diabetes Education Program- American Diabetes Association