This position supports internal and external stakeholders by assessing business needs, conducting business process and system analysis, interfacing with internal customers, and relevant IT resources and vendors. This role documents detailed requirements, use cases, process flows, and can also participate in the testing of new development or system integration. They will assist in readiness efforts of development project transitions from the PMO to Production Support team.
They will assist in Root Cause Analysis of Business Improvement efforts and streamline IT processes as required.
They will serve as the facilitator coordinating efforts with 3rd party vendors or other internal IT resources as needed. This individual assures issue management, problem management and change management protocols are followed.
80% Business Analysis
20% Project Management:
- Develop and document critical process maps, data flow diagrams and use case scenarios.
- Review and validate customer provided information +/or requirements.
- Work with technical team members to clarify functional / business specifications and collaborate on technical specifications as needed.
- Conduct current state analysis and document future enhancement requests
- Conduct end user interviews and translate information into actionable business and systems requirements.
- Evaluate upstream and downstream implications of proposed business process or system changes.
- Collaborate with project managers, IT resources, and subject matter experts as needed.
- Work to understand and analyze EDI transactions as needed.
- Collaborates with IT operations and compliance teams on IT security and IT audit requirements.
- Participates in on site meetings and new services demonstrations between end users and vendor solutions.
- Works with end users and vendor to assess future usage potential of new service offerings within HNE.
- Develop in-depth business knowledge and translate requirements into actionable deliverables.
- Provides insight across functional areas. Evaluates downstream impacts to new design discussions.
- Works with project sponsor and stakeholders to complete project charter outlining scope, goals, deliverables, required resources, budget and timing.
- Creates project plans, utilize communication tools, and track and resolve issues as they arise.
- Work closely with functional business areas to ensure that solutions deployed are in alignment with other initiatives that may be running in parallel.
- Effectively use tools to increase collaboration and decision making amongst project teams.
- Elicit work effort required from project team members for each task in order to complete a work breakdown structure and timelines for the project plan.
- Track and report on project milestones and provide regular status reports to manager and project sponsor.
- Lead vendor evaluations, develop cost/benefit analysis to facilitate the decision to implement an outside solution or develop internally.
- Facilitates Services Recovery efforts when needed.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences or related field and 3-5 years experience providing business or system analysis in a technical environment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in Health Care or Health Insurance Industry preferred
- Prior experience with two or more of the following vendor solutions would be considered a plus
o Health Plan Payer Systems
o Claims Repricing Systems
o Pharmacy Benefit Management Systems
o Care Management or Population Health Management
o Claims Auditing Systems
o Enterprise Message Management
- Effective at managing competing priorities and can work independently with little or no supervsion.
- Equally conversant with business users, executives, developers, designers, IT engineers and vendors.
- Conversant in healthcare related standards such as HIPAA, ACA, CMS and other regulatory agencies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of SDLC, ITIL, ADKAR and release management concepts
- Able to support multiple small projects or major enhancements simultaneously
- Strong analysis, critical thinking, and trouble-shooting skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Continually (5 1/2 - 8 hrs)
Continually (5 1/2 - 8 hrs)
Occasionally (1/4 - 2 1/2 hrs)