TransWest is a premier transportation provider based in Seattle, WA, driving for some of the area’s biggest companies in the Seattle and Bellevue metropolitan areas. Encompassing an entrepreneurial spirit and an unmatched drive to be the best in our industry, we are looking for like-minded individuals to join our ever-growing team.
With our growth, recent promotions and upcoming new contracted work we have a Driver Lead (Supervisor) position become available.
This is an exiting role overseeing our Seattle team and fleet of shuttles, buses and vans out of our Seattle yard.
We are excited to meet with you and discuss how TransWest can get you driving!
Reporting to the Territory Manager, the Shuttle Driver Lead (Supervisor) is responsible for dispatching drivers at site location(s). Dispatch vehicles initially or throughout the day as needed. Assist with vehicle safety checks and ensure a smooth timely pull-out for each location. Monitor shuttle operations during peak arrival and departure times. The Shuttle Driver Lead will also have an assigned daily route and be required to fill in for a driver on an emergency basis. Responsible for ensuring all vehicles are fueled, ready for dispatch and secured at the off-site parking location before or at the end of the shift.
Assist in managing the driver safety and training programs including design, implementation and tracking systems. Respond to and address all staff and citizen complaints. Must lead by example and hold safety as a core value.
- Provide first line supervision to drivers, program support staff, and additional staff assigned to the Shuttle Transportation Program, representing supervisory responsibility for 20+ employees. Authorize and coordinate Special Service requests for vehicles and other transportation services.
- Ensure efficient pull-out of all shuttle routes at the beginning of each shift so that all shuttle service starts on time and can maintain efficient and safe service; assign available vehicles to each route, ensure that all external signage is current and drivers have necessary supplies and documentation paperwork. Ensure all paperwork associated with the operation is accurate, complete and turned-in daily. Work with the Fleet Manager pertaining to fleet management and movement of assets.
- Oversee fleet of 20+ shuttle vehicles as well as support vehicles. Manage movement of 15+ shuttles which are in active service throughout the day, depending on peak demand times. With Site/Location Manager, review fleet condition daily and assist in scheduling vehicles for repairs as determined by the Fleet Manager; ensure that the fleet is clean, working with the drivers to schedule and perform cleaning activities. Oversee ordering and procurement of equipment/supplies, ensuring that staff and daily operations have all equipment and supplies
needed; ensure that Shuttles are stocked with required supplies, schedules, and other informational pieces at all times.
- Work with the Site/Location Manager to cover scheduled and unscheduled absences in the event a driver does not check in on time. Fill in as a substitute until another driver is available, or modify service with other existing resources until a substitute driver is available.
- Conduct road tests for new hires and administer our new driver training program for all required drivers. Assist with training new drivers and all staff when new procedures or changes are implemented on an as needed basis. Provide feedback to the Site/Location Manager concerning individual driver performance for their follow-up; provide input to the On-Site/Location Manager pertaining to progressive discipline for drivers not performing.
- Assist with data gathering or updating shuttle operations records as needed. Provide the Site/Location Manager with written documentation of deviations from regularly scheduled work in order to ensure accurate processing of payroll.
- Conduct on-the-road observations at various locations in the system, monitoring on-time performance, shuttle operations, customer service, safe driving principles and document/follow-up with any areas of concern.
- Assist in the investigation of workplace crashes/injuries and ensure adherence to safety standards and safe workplace practices. Actively improve, promote and monitor safety. Arrange and document safety training with initial safety orientation, road tests, DOT vehicle safety checks etc. Ensure additional and required safety training is current and complete. Plan, coordinate and implement new training as required.
- Assume management duties acting in the absence of the Site/Location Manager for all shuttle operations. Serve as on-call contact for all Shuttle program drivers during hours of program operation as needed. Perform other duties as assigned including oversight of weekend work and special events as required.
- Drive on an as-needed basis, carrying clients to and from facilities and off-site parking locations; maintain scheduled shuttle runs; conduct on-site inspections.
KEY POSITION COMPETENCIES:
- Must be a reliable team member supported by a strong attendance record.
- Able to work as a team member and a team leader.
- Experience leading and reviewing the work of others.
- Understanding of DOT/FMCSA regulatory compliance for commercial drivers.
- Ability to coach, mentor and train assigned staff.
- Able to provide effective training to staff.
- Able to drive large vehicles in congested areas.
- Excellent defensive driving skills.
- Effective critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and stressful environment.
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills.
- Effective writing and documentation skills.
- Effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work in external environments, inclement weather and stand or walk for long periods of time.
- Minimum of two (2) years of prior work experience in a Lead or Supervisory role.
- Minimum of two (2) years related driving experience, i.e. shuttle, routed, or point-to-point transportation using a vehicle with a 10,000 GVWR or greater.
- Excellent defensive driving skills supported by an acceptable Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in developing and delivering safe work methods training and or developing safe driving programs.
- Understanding of daily dispatching principles including special event transportation.
- Current Washington State Driver’s license with a minimum of a Class C Commercial Driver’s license with a P2 endorsement or be able to obtain within 90 days of start date.
- Must have an active US DOT Medical Card or be able to obtain within 90 days of start date.
- Must have experience in using Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point
TransWest is proud to offer Full Time employees Medical - Dental - Vision - Life Insurance – Tuition Rewards for family members and 401(k) Plan with Matching!
Job Type: Full-time