Schedules incoming trucks for all deliveries. Controls the entry of trucks into the dock doors. Communicates with warehouse personnel to effectively receive all loads. Continually updates the warehouse computer system. Work with other office staff to complete daily task.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Schedules all inbound freight deliveries.
- Ensures receiving office is open M-F NLT 5am for outside carrier check in.
- Collect fees and issue receipts to outside carriers who require payment.
- Schedules all inbound freight deliveries and assigns doors upon arrival.
- Print all receiving labels for all incoming freight.
- Handles a wide variety of paperwork including purchase orders, return authorizations, delivery notes, driver return sheets, Will Calls, BOL’s and other shipping papers.
- Communicate with the Purchasing Department when trucks do not arrive as scheduled.
- Complete Proformas on completed purchase orders.
- Investigates all credits prior to entry into Target/SharePoint.
- Reviews all delivery notes for “Special Instructions” and highlights them for the Warehouse.
- Processes all “Will Call” orders, submits orders to warehouse personnel for selection.
- Provides information to Customer Service Representatives when requested.
- Provides timely and professional communication with internal as well as external customers.
- Ensure orders are shipped in time to arrive by the customer’s requested delivery date.
- Assist other office personnel with paperwork and crediting when needed.
- Files paperwork as needed/ Answers incoming phone calls.
- Responsible for maintaining housekeeping standards within the Shipping Office.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the Company, and the community; and maintains the professional competence, knowledge, and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
- Adheres to all company policies and practices.
- Requires regular attendance to perform essential element as contained herein between the assigned start and end times for work.
- Poses no direct threat to the health or safety of himself/herself, of others, or to property. Defined as a significant risk of substantial harm that cannot be eliminated or reduced to an acceptable level by reasonable accommodation.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- 1yr Shipping and Receiving experience is required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of administrative functions such as planning, organizing, coordinating, directing and controlling.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- The ability to utilize various personal computers, including but not limited to Microsoft Office and database software.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Hours of Work
- Typically, 430 am – 1 pm. Additional hours may be needed as approved by management.
PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION & WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Typical office and warehouse environment. Three temperature zones ranging from room temperature to sub-zero. Occasionally lifts 50+ pounds. Occasionally move about the docks/loading area to effectively communicate with team members. Sitting at workstation approximately 85% of work time. Standing and walking approximately 15% of work time. Noise level in work environment is moderate to loud.
- Reasonable accommodation may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ABOUT UPPER LAKES FOODS
Upper Lakes Foods, Inc. is the largest independent, wholesale food distributor in Minnesota. The company has three facilities located in Cloquet, MN, Northfield, MN and Janesville, WI. We distribute food throughout the Upper Midwest. Upper Lakes Foods specializes in serving foodservice operators such as independent restaurants, assisted living facilities, schools, and national and regional foodservice chain accounts with a strong focus on customer service. Simply put, the mission is to build value for each customer, employee, supplier and community we serve by bringing the best; the best products, best people and best ideas.
- Strong Work Ethic – We believe in the value of hard work, perseverance and consistency of character.
- Positive Attitude – We believe in encouraging a flexible, agreeable and well-adjusted work existence that promotes successful outcomes.
- Integrity – We believe in honesty, truthfulness and consistency of our actions.
- Team Work – We believe that work done by several individuals combined insures excellence of quality, safety and service.
- Professional Appearance – We believe in maintaining an appearance that promotes good hygiene, neatness and appropriate business dress.
- Respectful Interaction – We believe in creating a workplace where employees are treated fairly in a safe and positive environment.
“We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.”