Walden's Ph.D. in Management, DBA, MBA, and BSBA degree programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP), a leading specialized accreditation association that identifies and supports excellence in business education.
Walden University offers advanced degrees online to professionals whose work impacts others. Degree programs include health sciences, counseling, human services, management, psychology, education, public health, nursing, public administration, technology, and engineering.
Contributing facultymembers serve in a part-time capacity to educate Walden University Students by effectively and proficiently using online technology and resources so that knowledge, information, feedback, and critique are imparted to and shared with students in thoughtful, carefully formulated, well written, and timely communications. This is accomplished in an environment that is respectful of the student, the Faculty Member, Walden University, and the discipline in which the Faculty Member is involved.
Walden’s College of Management and Technology seeks contributing faculty who are experienced researchers to fill part-time academic faculty positions. These contributing faculty members will report to the Program Director-DBA Program. Part-time faculty are primarily responsible for student research mentoring within the doctoral degree programs of the College and Management and Technology. Specifically, faculty will be required to chair and/or serve as second members on doctoral study committees as methodologists and/or serve as University Research Reviewers and/or (infrequently) to instruct research methodology courses.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
All new Faculty Members receive specific training from Walden University in the use of an electronic learning platforms (Blackboard), specifics of the policies, procedures and degree programs of the School or College in which they are going to serve, socialization into the Walden University culture, assessment of academic integrity of student work (including use of www.SafeAssign.com), to support research supervision of theses and doctoral studies.
Faculty Members, including committee chairs, are assigned a course, which is taught using the Blackboard platform, and are responsible for interacting with students within this platform. Discussion Boards for classrooms are open 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. Although postings to the classroom may be done at any time of day, postings and responses must be completed in a timely manner in accordance with the Faculty Handbook or other criteria established by Walden University. As such, Faculty Members are expected to be in classrooms a minimum of 4 days per week and post responses to student’s questions within 48 hours. Faculty Members are required to verify the quality of student postings and submissions, and to provide feedback and grades to students through Blackboard.
Primary job will be to serve as a doctoral study chair for doctoral study mentees. May also serve as a second member of committees as methodologists and/or as University Research Reviewers. May participate in university and school-based residencies, and, (less frequently) will teach other related courses as assigned.
Contributing faculty should be reasonably accessible to their students. Faculty members are expected to be available to students outside of the course discussion board. In addition to providing substantive feedback on assignments and postings, faculty members will publish their availability to students through course syllabi, instructor information in the classroom, or other appropriate documents.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Ph.D. or DBA in business or a related field from an accredited institution required
- Proof of serving on at least 4 doctoral committees (preferably Chair of the committee)
- Evidence of continuing scholarly or creative work within the past 5 years. Proficient in APA 6th edition
- Strong research methodology background in quantitative, qualitative, and/or mixed methods in research
- Commitment to advocating for the learning and development needs of students earning their degrees in a distance learning environment; supervising student research (at the graduate level); commitment to the promotion of applied research that contributes to Walden's mission of contributing to positive social change
- Excellent leadership, communication, team, and human relation skills
- Experience working in an online instructional setting at the graduate level
- Participation in Mentor Training will be required
- Must have access and be comfortable in electronic communication environment (Blackboard preferred).