The Golden Krust® brand came into existence in 1988 at Gun Hill Road in the Bronx. Founded by Lowell F. Hawthorne and the Hawthorne family 30 years ago, Golden Krust has grown into an operation spanning over 20,000 retail locations and 120 franchise and corporately owned restaurants, bringing the taste of the Caribbean to adoring customers throughout the United States and Canada.
From its patty and bakery production plant at 3958 Park Avenue, the Golden Krust family of companies employ nearly 300 teammates that manufacture errand distribute Jamaican styled patties and bakery products. In addition, Golden Krust is the leading Caribbean restaurant franchise in North America, operating from New York to Florida, from Texas to Canada.
Customers include national supermarket chains, club and dollar stores, many other retail outlets, schools, NYC’s Department of Corrections and Department of Education.
Over 50 million Golden Krust patties are produced and delivered to admiring fans each year.
SUPPLY CHAIN - FINANCE MANAGER
- Planning, analyzing and collecting data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory, distribution and labor
- Analyzing actual manufacturing and distribution costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production and distribution costs
- Presenting results to operations and executive management, identifying areas of opportunities and trends
- Identifying opportunities to better manage commodity costs and implementing such programs, including hedging strategies
- Providing estimates of new and proposed product costs
- Maintaining cost accounting system ensuring compliance with US generally accepted accounting principles
- Assisting in month end close of the general ledger
- Manage physical inventory count process, establish a perpetual inventory system including a cycle count program
- Developing analytics to support proper actual and standard costing of each product sold
- Identifying policies and procedures to control product costs and inventory, including proper training programs for operations staff
- Collaborating with operations management in implementing best practices
- Works closely with production to ensure on-time delivery by establishing and monitoring schedules to identify and address any issues proactively.
- Identifies gaps in processes related to supply chain; Conducts root cause analysis and identifies strategies to build the gaps. Implements identified processes to closure.
- Monitor, analyze, and report on results across a broad spectrum of Supply Chain initiatives
- Financial and economic management
- Business acumen
- Communication proficiency
- Ethical conduct
- Performance management
- Personal effectiveness/credibility
- Problem solving/analysis
- Strategic thinking
- Technical capacity
- Minimum of four to five years of cost accounting in a (lean) manufacturing environment
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, finance or accounting. A Master’s degree is a plus
- Must have a strong cost systems background and have excellent analytical skills; sound understanding of economics
- Expertise in MS Excel (creating spreadsheets and using advanced formulas) and PowerPoint for developing executive presentation
- Experience using sophisticated enterprise software such as Microsoft Dynamics, HighJump supply chain management software and point of sales systems a plus
- Experience working with engineering and manufacturing personnel on development and analysis of cost standards
- Ability to accurately prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports
What we offer
- A creative, comfortable, progressive and fun environment
- Medical, vision, dental, short and long-term disability, AD&D and life insurance, 401K match and other benefits
- Ongoing opportunities for development and having a huge impact on the product and the Company
Interested candidates should submit your resume/CV with a cover letter to:
Applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Golden Krust Caribbean Bakery, Inc. and Golden Krust Franchising, Inc. are equal opportunity employers (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
- Excel: 3 years (Required)
- Supply Chain Management: 3 years (Required)
- Finance: 3 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Relocation assistance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity