Senior Manager, Data Analysis
St. Louis, MO
Req ID: 1102219
- Support analytical data needs for assigned business unit. Handle complex data requests and acts as a “go to” person for other Data Analysts.
- Initiate and manage company wide data processes improvements
- Manage cross functional activities related to large-scale analytic projects to deliver on schedule, within budget and with superior quality
- Develop and lead activities to accomplish overall strategic department goals and lead the communication of these goals to stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Collaborate with health plan leadership to understand their data analysis needs, explain trends in data and actively drive further research and/or operational changes to assist in controlling medical costs and delivery of quality healthcare to members
- Participate in cross health plan initiatives and capabilities, including data analysis support
- Manage development efforts with technical team liaisons, including business requirements gathering and documentation, testing, delivery and user adoption, and effectively communicate deliverable expectations to the health plan
- Manage system/tool implementation and design as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in data related field.
- 8+ years of data analysis experience, preferably in healthcare.
- Advanced SQL and Microsoft Access skills, relational database knowledge, and various data reporting tool experience preferred.
- Knowledge of statistics and application of high level mathematical models in medical and pharmacy claims data preferred.
- Understanding of health insurance business, claims payment procedures, strategies and trends in health care government programs preferred.
- Master’s degree and supervisory experience preferred.
- Help identify and understand data from internal and external sources for competitive, scenario and performance analyses, and financial modeling to gain member/provider insight into new and existing processes and business opportunities.
- Direct the consolidation, organization, and manipulation of health information to support medical expenditure and utilization analyses and evaluate new tools/develop new models to analytically support existing and future business
- Act as liaison/analyst manager for internal stakeholders, understand their needs and translate them into reporting and analytic solutions.
- Analyze issues using enrollment, utilization, clinical, medical management, financial and other corporate data, and information from both modeled internal data as well as disparate internal and external sources. Also help staff develop better analysis skills, understanding use cases and their value to the organization.
- Work with departmental staff to identify requirements for reporting and / or business intelligence tools.
- Prepare clear, well-organized project-specific documentation, including, at a minimum, analytic methods used, key decision points and caveats, with sufficient detail to support comprehension and replication. Delegating or providing direction and feedback to staff when appropriate.
More information about the job
Is Relocation Available?
Is there a bonus structure?
Are you open to sponsorship?
This position is:
Is there a possibility to work remote?
Is there equity?
Are there flexible work hours?
Does this position have direct reports?
Who does this position report to?
VP, Enterprise Analytics
What are the 3-4 non-negotiable requirements on this position?
Bachelor’s degree in data related field. 8+ years of data analysis experience, preferably in healthcare. Analyze issues using enrollment, utilization, clinical, medical management, financial and other corporate data, and information from both modeled internal data as well as disparate internal and external sources. Advanced SQL and Microsoft Access skills, relational database knowledge, and various data reporting tool experience preferred.
What are the nice-to-have skills?
Prior management experience with the ability to mentor staff Project and process management and the ability to communicate with multiple stakeholders Highly evolved communication skills
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $91,000.00 to $131,000.00 /year
- relational database knowledge: 1 year
- Advanced SQL and Microsoft Access: 1 year
- Prior management: 1 year
- data reporting tool: 1 year
- mentor staff Project and process management: 1 year
- data analysis: 8 years
- healthcare: 1 year