The Receiving Associate will be responsible for the reception, the organization and of all incoming deliveries at the commissary as well as the general upkeep of all storage space.
- Receive and verify all orders according to food safety rules
- Unload shipments from truck(s), remove and dispose of packaging material
- Confirm quality, quantity and price of all products received
- Communicate with managers when discrepancies arise in deliveries
- Label deliveries and allocate them to their designated place
- Rotate all products according to FIFO rules
- Organize all deliveries according to food safety rules and storage conditions (e.g. FIFO, date marking, temperature control)
- Assist with daily inventory for all teams in the commissary in order to set order amounts
- Assist with weekly inventory for co packed items, inventory of paper items.
- Assist with EOM inventory counts.
- Assist with picking items for weekly Toronto and DC requests.
- Assist with labeling and loading out weekly freight pickup.
- Clean and maintain the walk-ins, dry goods areas to DOH Standards and Milk Bar standards
- Report any facilities or food safety concerns immediately
- Break down boxes and maintain a clean workspace
- Recognize and follow appropriate production system protocols (assembly line method, HD drills, packing specifications, etc.) and quality standards
- Complete logs, cleaning checklist, and side work
- Notify management of all inventory or product-related concerns
- Aid other teams in the commissary as needed
- Fully understand the Milk Bar ethos and serve as a brand ambassador, both internally and externally, making people’s lives a little sweeter.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- 1 year in a receiving role at a high volume restaurant or food production facility
- NYC Food Protection certificate
- Accuracy and attention to detail. Flexibility in all regard
- Full time; weekend availability a must
Work Authorization: At this time, milk bar is only considering candidates legally authorized to work in the united states. we participate with e- verify™ and will provide the federal government with your form i-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the u.s. employers can only use e-verify™ once you have accepted a job offer and completed the form i-9.
EEO Statement: Milk Bar is an equal opportunity employer and shall treat all applicants for employment equally based upon job-related qualifications and without regards to race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, marital status, military or veteran status, national origin, disability, religion, political activity, lawful tobacco use while off-duty, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 to $15.00 /hour
- high volume receiving: 1 year