Location - Hattiesburg Mississippi
Team Leader - Assembly
Responsible for Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost and Associate Morale of the Hattiesburg Engines Assembly Area. The Assembly Area processes include assembly, engine test, and packaging. Manages factory associates to assure on-time delivery of finished goods to satisfy customer requirements. Focuses on workforce development and process capability, using lean manufacturing principles, to maximize flexibility, and efficiency. Responsible for the execution of the Assembly tactical plan.
1. Manage safe operation of all assembly tasks. Promote safety awareness and training for all associates in assembly department. Thoroughly understand the proper usage and operation of any equipment within the work cell(s), and assist corporate accident analysis and safety audits.
2. Responsible for the supervision of production work team(s) including, but not limited to – establishing daily work activities, monitoring performance, providing feedback, executing associate training plan, collaborating with other functional areas (i.e. engineering, quality, materials) and reinforcing the Kohler core competencies among all team members. Span of control typically 60-100 production team members.
3. Coordinate the overall quality of the work team and demonstrate a basic understanding of quality standards. Lead production work teams to effectively monitor, track, and drive corrective action to continuously improve the quality of the products we produce.
4. Maintain a culture of continuous improvement by identifying process improvement opportunities and working with the associates to utilize process improvement tools among the work teams. Responsible for participating and supporting efforts in process improvement events such as 5S, 6 Sigma, Green Belt, Business Process Redesign projects.
5. Foster a collaborative work environment by leading work teams in problem-solving within the team and across functional work areas – examples would include engaging the work team in discussions about new equipment with Engineering and Maintenance; or establishing a joint problem-solving team between Operator, Front Line Leader and Maintenance when determining whether to run, fix or shut down a process due to problems with a machine or process.
6. Develop weekly work schedules as well as oversee the work team as they develop and execute the daily schedules. In addition, provide guidance and tools for the work team to manage scheduled time off such as vacations. Coach team on the basics of on-time deliveries and customer satisfaction.
7. Reduce waste and control unnecessary costs.
8. Mentor module leaders on communication and leadership skills. Ensure that all assembly operators are cross-trained in a module. Ensure that all module leaders are cross-trained on at least one other module.
9. Reinforce the Kohler Core Competences and promoting a Team based organization. Lead by a consistent example of Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, Morale, Building Trust, Driving Continuous Improvement, Setting High Standards and Focusing on the End Customer.
10. Prepare reports, work on special projects and perform other duties as assigned by supervision.
- Associate Degree required/Bachelor Degree preferred.
- Two or more years manufacturing experience preferred.
- Experience in engine assembly or related industrial assembly preferred.
- Demonstrate communication and leadership skills, with experience in leading large groups of associates in a common work cell
- Demonstrate computer skills, especially in Microsoft Excel and Word required.
Why Work at Kohler Co.?
Kohler Co.'s mission is to contribute to a higher level of gracious living for those who are touched by our products and services. We understand that it takes investment in our associates’ development to make that happen. So, we offer ongoing investment in each individual’s personal development and the opportunity to collaborate with others across functions and roles at Kohler.
In addition to the investment in your development, Kohler offers a benefits package including a competitive salary, health, vision, dental, 401(k) with company matching, and more!
Beyond the competitive benefits and compensation, Kohler proudly offers a rich history, steeped in creativity and a commitment to our associates and communities. We invite you to learn more about our culture and company at www.kohlercompany.com.
It is Kohler’s policy to recruit, hire, and promote qualified personnel in all job classifications without regard to race, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability or veteran status. If, as an individual with a disability, you need reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Kohler Co. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.