Are you looking for an intimate, fast-paced, early stage AWS team to apply your deep analytical and engineering skills to? Come join us building Amazon Chime! (https://chime.aws/) Amazon Chime is our solution to Unified Communications. Launched in 2017, we are built on top of the AWS cloud using AWS toolsets. We are specifically looking for leaders who are interested in improving our customer browser experience by building out our web based technologies.
At Amazon Chime, we believe in using AWS's scale, reliability, flexibility and ease of use to deliver early versions of this exciting software quickly and iteratively, to get customer feedback, and use the feedback to make data driven and agile decisions. We rely on software engineers leveraging their own expertise and perspectives to drive quality into our product.
We are looking for a highly effective software development engineer that can make an immediate difference and help design and deliver systems while maintaining a constant customer focus. You will work with your peers and product management team to tackle hard problems with a brand new AWS service.
- BS or Masters in Computer Science & 1+ years of experience
- Demonstrated experience with software testing methods, such as functional testing, stress testing, performance testing, and failure injection.
- Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, operating systems, and/or distributed systems
- Ability to take raw product requirements and create software architectures and designs to bring them to life
- Experience work closely with other developers to understand their needs and issues and to develop cooperative solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
- Comfortable with writing line one of a service as well as maintaining line 50,000.
- Full stack software developer, with experience in developing RESTful backend APIs
- Experience with websockets and realtime web programming
- Comfortable with HTML5 web frameworks such as React.js, Angular
- Has experience in delivering high quality, low-latency, customer web experiences both to desktop and mobile devices