TC Job Description:
Healthy Schools is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) or LPN to coordinate and lead a team of nurses who will administer vaccines to children in the school setting. We are looking for an energetic, dedicated individual who has experience working with children.
This is an extremely flexible, seasonal position that offers an exciting chance to earn income while promoting community health! The school clinics will be held Fort Wayne, IN. Clinic hours are based around school schedules but vary by the day.
The 2019 Flu Clinics will take place October - December. The rate of pay is 28/hr for RNs & 27/hr for LPNs.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Qualifications and skills:
- Communicate with team members to confirm their assignment the night before clinic.
- Transportation of vaccines and go-kits between district office and school clinics.
- Monitor cooler thermometers hourly and document on log.
- Coordinate clinic set-up at school locations.
- Work with team nurses to assign jobs of each nurse at school locations and work to maintain a positive work environment.
- Communicate with the Assistant District Manager (ADM) throughout clinic day.
- Registered Nurse (RN) or LPN with current license in state of Indiana
- Valid driver's license & vehicle insurance and willing to drive to and from central office.
- Current CPR/BLS card.
- Physically demanding position - must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Willing and able to work a flexible schedule as needed (up to 12-hour shifts).
- Ability to communicate through text, email and phone.
- Experience working with the pediatric population preferred.