What You Will Do:
Registered Nurse (RN) Surgical Acute Care Unit
Advancing the practice of nursing, every day.
At the University of Maryland Medical Center (UMMC), a designated Magnet facility, we are a team. Nurses and doctors, specialists and therapists, work shoulder-to-shoulder to give our patients the care they deserve. We take time to celebrate each other’s contributions and treat each other with respect by valuing each other’s ideas and opinions. Ultimately, we support each other’s growth. Together, we form a world-class team dedicated to furthering the practice of patient care.
The University of Maryland Medical Center is seeking experienced Registered Nurses (RNs) with a desire to join our premier multidisciplinary team in our Surgical Acute Care Unit. Located at the University of Maryland Medical Center (UMMC) in downtown Baltimore near the Inner Harbor and Camden Yards; you won't find a more vibrant place to work!
Nursing Graduates with a strong interest to begin their career in a Surgical Acute focus are welcomed and will complete the UMMC 12 month Nursing Graduate Residency Program the first year.
What You Need to Be Successful:
- A competitive wage scale
- Up to $10,000 a year for your graduate degree at the University of Maryland School of Nursing
- An achievable professional advancement model
- A full benefit package including Health, Vision, Dental, 3 weeks vacation + sick + floating personal holidays, retirement contribution, and more!
- Prior RN experience in tele or Med/surg required.
- Nursing Graduates welcomed to apply if work exp as student or completion of Sr. practicum in med/surg, telemetry or IMC focus.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing, with a Bachelor's degree in Nursing preferred.
- Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of Maryland, or eligible to practice due to compact state requirements outlined by the Maryland Board of Nursing.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.