Burnett Specialists has been in business for over 45 years! We have steadily grown into a nationally-certified, women-owned business as well as the largest employee-owned staffing and recruiting agency in Texas. We are currently looking to add an internal Corporate Receptionist to our team! If you are interested, we encourage you to apply for this position. Job details are below.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to providing phone and in-person support to both the temporary and direct-hire office staff in an efficient, friendly and professional manner while providing an excellent experience to all walk-in traffic to the corporate office.
- Answer incoming calls in a prompt and professional manner
- Insure that voicemail coming to the main line and interoffice paging is handled promptly and professionally
- Insure email is handled promptly and professionally
- Greet all visitors, candidates, vendors and clients in a prompt and professional manner
- Notify recruiters applicant has arrived in a timely manner and make sure they are seen promptly
- Handle walk-in traffic by giving resume to applicable recruiter to review and potentially interview. If recruiters are not available, take the resume and find best way to reach the applicant so they can be scheduled to come in at a later time. When possible walk-ins should be seen in the same day, if not, provided a referral or scheduled to come back as quickly as possible.
- Set up applicants on testing as requested
- Set up applicants on orientation video as requested
Additional Ongoing Responsibilities
- Keep lobby, testing and interview rooms orderly and stocked with necessary supplies
- Request maintenance or repair as needed
- Order supplies or forms for rooms as needed
- Sign for deliveries and notify recipients of delivery time and location
- Receive, process and distribute incoming faxes, resumes and timesheets in a timely manner and notify senders of error reports
- Sort incoming mail, process and gather service center count for outgoing mail
- Prepare weekly interoffice courier and overnight and maintain stock of interoffice envelopes
- Pick up Paycards from accounting and distribute in the courier weekly, notating when the card has arrived in the Notes section in 1Source on the candidate's profile.
- Maintain sign-in sheet, distribute applications and view ID for candidates picking up Paycards at Corporate
- Order items for print requests or office supplies as requested
- Ensure that coverage is available at all times when not at desk to answer Corporate main line
- Assist operations and direct-hire staff as needed
Candidates must be able to perform these functions on a regular basis:
- Walking (daily basis)
- Standing and sitting (as required)
- Occasional lifting (as required)
- Handle unusual job stress*
- Other duties as required by business needs
- Unusual job stress might include face-to-face or phone confrontation with clients and/or staffing employees, making marketing calls, giving presentations, or other issues that may be out of your control. The ability to handle unusual job stress may be dependent upon the personality of the individual.