A small business based in Tysons, Virginia, is looking for an Executive Assistant. Tasks include general office management, electronic and physical filing of records, execute special tasks as necessary, help with recruitment and human resources, accounting using quick books, managing social media presence, managing calendars, executive to-do lists and appointments. A good candidate will excel in the areas of: office operations, expense reporting, spreadsheets, document development, recruitment, accounting, and social media.
Excellent knowledge and experience in MS Excel, Word, Outlook and Power Point, Social Media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and WhatsApp. Knowledge of accounting software QuickBooks, web content management, and recruiting tools such as Dice, Indeed and LinkedIn are desired, but not mandatory.
- Assists management in monitoring assignments by keeping track of established deadlines and following up.
- Compiles and analyzes data, research for discrepancies and prepares reports.
- Maintains and updates spreadsheets, databases, and meeting notes.
- Routine office tasks, data entry or word processing assignments.
- Maintains calendars and appointments and creates accurate computer and hard-copy files.
- Undertakes recruitment of new candidates, adheres to staffing requirements for a variety of jobs, and helps with related human resources functions.
- Assists in the day to day accounting functions including payroll.
- Interacts with the 3rd party vendors.
- Acts as a liaison in various customer, government and non-profit interactions on behalf of management.
- Maintains web content documents and files. Handles social media management.
- Interacts with employees/consultants for regular activities
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Well organized, extreme attention to detail, and self-directed. (MUST)
- Proficient with PCs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, Social Media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp (MUST)
- Good verbal and written communication (MUST).
- Scheduling and coordinating activities. (MUST)
- Expense reporting and accounting principles (DESIARABLE, will train)
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to learn new skills quickly. (MUST)
- Excellent positive attitude and communication skills (MUST)
Required Education & Experience:
- High school diploma/equivalent education (GED).
- A BA/BS degree (preferable)
- Work experience in lieu of education will be given due consideration as well.
- Fresh Graduates with right aptitude and leadership skills will be considered.
Job Type: Full-time