A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there’s more to being in business than just making a profit. That’s the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it’s never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It’s about how you can grab everything that’s within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It’s about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we’ll all be a little better off. It’s that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’s®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN’S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
The Customer Marketing Manager develops and executes key marketing programs with Mars Drinks North America distributor partners delivering a positive ROI. The Customer Marketing Manager is responsible for driving experiences that result in market share increases for Mars Drinks. This role is essential to Mars Drinks as we equip distributors with the right tools, training and programs to drive brewer placement and drinks throughput. This role will collaborate cross functionally with Mars Drinks Sales Managers and Distributor Partner Marketing, Sales and Operations teams to activate all marketing programs while also capturing market intelligence to feed into the global innovation process.
Key Skills Required:
- Develop and execute key marketing programs, tools and trainings for assigned distributors
- Collaborate with Marketing Communications to ensure we have the most up to date brand messaging, content, tools in some cases tailored for Distributors
- Owns the voice of the “Field” which includes Mars Drinks Sales Teams ensuring marketing materials help drive results and are relevant with each audience
- Launch new products (permanent and seasonal) and associated tools to distributors through Field Associates
- Manage Budget and track ROI
- Ensure Marketing’s compliance with the MARS Quality Management Process standard
- Co-create targeted tools with Mars Drinks Marketing, Sales and Distributors that drive preference and differentiation ultimately resulting in achieving sales targets
- Equip field sales team with marketing tools needed to engage distributors at all levels
- Attain feedback from Distributors for sales tools, promotions, solutions and bring a strategic recommendation back to Marketing Communications
- Work with Marketing Communications to get the global assets and adapt them for what is relevant
- Manage and measure work through scorecard and tracking progress
- Leverage consumer, category, customer, shopper and channel insights to determine and implement initiatives successfully
- Experience managing customer experience or communication
- Some budget management
- Strong and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Problem analysis and critical thinking skills
- Strong customer focus
- Must be able to work within Mars corporate protocols, processes, methodology and structure
- Effectively work autonomously with minimal management direction
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work as a team member in a fast-paced environment and ability to build strong internal and external relationships
- Strong time and project management skills to keep projects on track; ability to manage work flow of multiple projects at the same time
- B-2-B, OCS, and sales process understanding
Bachelor’s Degree in business, education, or marketing preferred
4 years of sales Account Management and/or marketing experience
Key customer experience
Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
Williningness to complete a background check and substance abuse screen as a condition of employment
MBA or Advanced Degree
5+ years of sales Account Management and/or marketing experience
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.