Work with the Principal Investigator on multiple ongoing research studies to coordinate the daily activities/ components of research, including but not limited to:
· Recruit research participants, schedule visits and perform follow-up
· Coordinate data safety monitoring and produce regular reports
· Oversee adherence to research protocols in obtaining informed consent, data collection and management and participant confidentiality
· Ensure that project adheres to the protocol and that clean data is available for data analysis
· Maintain ongoing investigational drug accountability
· Assist with picking up and disbursing investigational drug and provide patient teaching regarding administration, as necessary
· Collaborate with the study team, including internal and external parties, sponsors, PI, and study participants
· Support the regulatory staff in the maintenance of regulatory documents
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
· Experience and Educational Background - Bachelor’s degree plus 2-3 years related experience is required. Master’s degree is preferred.
· Candidates must have at least two years of experience in a clinical research environment
· Knowledge of medical terminology, clinical medicine, clinical trials and GCP concepts
· Knowledge of GCP, federal, state, and local regulations, including HIPAA policies and procedures
· Proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel, electronic health systems and databases used in research environment
· Speaks clearly and expresses self well in one-on-one conversations and groups
· Develops effective written communications and uses them appropriately
· Interacts and proactively shares information with internal and external contacts where appropriate
· Assumes responsibility to ensure issues/concerns will be addressed and monitors them through conclusion
· Able to work independently with minimal supervision
· Experience working with children and minors
· Some travel may be required between our two campuses
Founded in 1955, the Albert Einstein College of Medicine (Einstein) is one of the nation’s premier institutions for medical education, basic research and clinical investigation. A full-time faculty of some 2,000 conducts research, teaches, and delivers health care in every major biomedical specialty. The college has some 730 medical students, 193 Ph.D. students, 106 MD/Ph.D. students and 275 postdoctoral fellows.
Einstein’s major strength, in addition to training physicians and scientists, is its science. During fiscal year 2015, the faculty’s consistently high level of scientific achievement resulted in the awarding of more than $150 million in peer-reviewed grants from the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
Einstein is part of Montefiore Medicine Academic Health System, an integrated academic delivery system comprising seven campuses, including 8 hospitals, a multi-county ambulatory network, a new state-of-the art “hospital without beds”, a skilled nursing facility, school of nursing, home health agency, and the state’s first freestanding emergency department. As the University Hospital for the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Montefiore is a premier academic health system, employing Einstein’s clinical faculty and training Einstein’s medical students, over 1,300 residents, 420 allied health students, and 1,600 nursing students annually.
We have also been recognized by Forbes as one of the country's best midsize employers in 2019. Forbes ranked Einstein in the top overall nationally among midsize employers. Einstein ranked 3rd within the education category in New York State and 9th nationally among all midsize education employers.
The Albert Einstein College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Einstein seeks candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence, and the communities we serve.
Job Type: Full-time
- clinical research: 2 years (Preferred)