Exciting things are happening at Continuing Development Inc. and Child Development Centers (CDI / CDC). We are an innovative non-profit child care provider who is growing and expanding at a great pace. Our organization strives to provide the very best experience in Preschool and Before- and After- school programs that parents, children and communities have loved for over 45 years. We are able to do this thanks to our remarkable people. We seek out the best in child care talent, those who have the same vision for supporting the growth and development of children as we do. If you see yourself as one who has a passion for providing the best in early childhood education, we invite you to apply today.
Our before and after school programs are for children in grades Kindergarten through 6th grade. Our afternoon schedule gives children support with daily homework and provides recreational activities. The center is a welcome place for families and all children, respecting their home language, cultural values and traditions. Teaching staff help students with their long-term project assignments. Teaching staff work with elementary school classroom teachers to develop and follow through with plans that support children’s individual needs. Our High/Scope framework enables children to plan, participate and review their daily experiences. The center is an inclusive environment that supports the individual and special needs of all children. As part of our teaching team, you will plan developmentally appropriate activities based on children’s interests and needs.
Position duties are encompassing, but not limited to the following.
- Prepare weekly play-based lesson plans inspired by children’s interests, talents, and creative discovery in a Reggio inspired model
- Observe and document children’s emerging interests and progress through anecdotal notes and portfolios
- Supervise children to maintain their health and safety at all times.
- Provide excellent customer service to all children, families, school partners, co-workers, and community members.
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively with co-workers/teammates to ensure the best quality program and services
- Maintain a clean, safe, pleasant, and enriched environment.
Qualifications & Details
- Education: 12 units in child development, early childhood development or related field (be able to provide transcripts). Must be, or qualify for, core ECE/CD courses.
- Experience: Prior childcare experience in a school age or afterschool setting; 1 years preferred.
- Must be able to qualify for at least a California state teacher permit.
- Career Development and Training
- Discounted Childcare
- Paid Vacation/Holiday/Sick Time
- Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits
- 401K with company match.
- Life Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Company Discounts
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.