You can make a salary. Or you can make a difference. Or you can work as a Channel Sales Manager at Herman Miller and make both.
About this Opportunity
As a Channel Sales Manager, you'll be responsible for aligning dealer and local Herman Miller Sales Team efforts to improve dealer effectiveness. You will enable and guide dealer sales resources and activities. You'll also partner with dealers to develop, implement, and monitor the dealer's annual business plan and sales strategy.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you...
Sound Like You?
- Actively participate in team-based selling activities when appropriate.
- Advise and work on areas of improvement and opportunity with Herman Miller and dealer leadership and coordinate improvement strategies where needed.
- Assess the Sales Readiness needs and progress of assigned dealers.
- Assist in developing and executing dealer strategies to effectively cover non-strategic account business and make sales calls on new and existing accounts in all vertical markets.
- Attend industry functions in your assigned market and coordinate Herman Miller/dealer events.
- Conduct all sales activities and processes within the parameters of the Herman Miller Sales process, utilizing corporate tools and resources.
- Coordinate the necessary resources to help your assigned dealers as needed.
- Engage with and synthesize data from the Dealer Dashboard for region/dealer reviews. You will use the data to generate market strategies and programs.
- Manage the dealer training schedule to ensure the dealer sales force is properly informed on Herman Miller products, programs, and processes.
- Manage within the assigned expense budget.
- Measure and understand the key business metrics of your assigned dealers (sales, orders, product mix, share of wallet, customer satisfaction, etc.).
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
- Proactively maintain Salesforce (CRM) information so the Regional Lead can accurately complete required monthly reports.
- Respond with a sense of urgency to meet and exceed customers' needs.
- Synthesize dealer feedback and requests to enhance our program and offerings.
- Work to influence dealer market strategies to include a focus on high-growth market segments (Education, Small and Medium Business, and Healthcare) and to ensure that the dealer specifies Herman Miller products as often as possible and where applicable.
- Work with the corporate Product and Program Leads to execute successful market launches.
You might be just who we’re looking for if you have...
Who We Are
- A Bachelor's degree in an applicable discipline or equivalent professional sales experience.
- Two to five years of successful selling experience that includes a proven track record of planning and execution.
- A fundamental knowledge of and/or experience in office furniture or a related industry (preferred).
- Excellent written and verbal skills, including demonstrated negotiation and presentation skills.
- A work style that is highly energetic and influential. You'll also need the ability to be an aggressive closer.
- A demonstrated high level of interpersonal, communication, technology, and marketing skills. You will need to be competitive, hard-working, unafraid to travel, fearless in cold calling/promoting, and able to create a good impression.
- The ability to effectively use the office automation, communication, software, and tools used in the Herman Miller office environment.
- A willingness and ability to travel as required.
- The ability to perform all essential job functions with or without accommodations.
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Primary Location: United States-California-San Francisco