Our world needs ideas! As one of the world's most research-intensive chemical companies, we have been developing leading solutions for numerous sectors – from construction to photovoltaics and cosmetics to rubber – for over 100 years. We have a global presence with production sites on three continents and 13,500 employees from 70 nations.
WACKER SILICONES is one of the world's leading silicone manufacturers with silicone-based system solutions with more than 3,000 different products - silicone fluids, rubbers and resins, silanes and pyrogenic silica. At our Charleston, TN site, we are currently looking for Technical Manager.
- Anticipate and drive new product developments and application developments with priorities as agreed upon by the Business Team. Document activities using Product Modification Activity (PMA), Project System Innovation (PSI) Charter Forms (PCF; ICF) and Opportunity Management with customer relationship tool (like SMART or SalesForce). Develop intellectual property related to new products and / or applications, drive for related patent filings.
- Technical services to support existing and/or new products and applications. Define and manage related technical lab projects, to gather relevant performance data of own and competitive products. Visit customers regularly to support sales with discovery process and presenting results. Participate in and contribute to trade shows.
- Manage the exchange of information and activities using best practice which includes but not limited to Electronic Lab Notebook (ELN), SAP, Excel, PPT, and Word. Be in charge as Product Steward for HDK® related inquiries, mostly related but not limited to EHSS topics.
- Develop, supervise and train laboratory personnel to grow in the Wacker organization
- Work with global HDK® product development and technical service group, visit other Wacker locations as needed for technical exchange (developments, complaints, 8D, etc.)
- Master's Degree in Polymer or Material Science, Chemistry or Chemical Engineering (PhD preferred), or related industry experience as Technical Service Manager
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in application technology, formulation work, chemical processing or similar work
- Experience / proven successes with product development and project management, showing leadership in propose and develop ideas / solutions to expand our business
- Familiar with technologies / equipment of application testing and analysis, solid understanding of rheology and rheology testing
- High level communication skills (listening, speaking, writing, presenting), supervisory experience of lab personnel
- Experience and success record working with customers in the field, capability of preparing and presenting technical service information to customers, readiness to travel up to 35% of his time
Sustainability is one of WACKER's corporate goals – also as an employer.We want you to remain productive, healthy and successful long term. Thatis why we offer, for example, comprehensive health management and a variety of advanced training programs and courses for individual development opportunities, alongside a good work-life balance. Naturally, we also have a fair compensation system and above-average social benefits. After all, social responsibility has a long tradition at WACKER.
Be part of a family. Across all nations.
We are looking forward to your online application at www.wacker.com/careers