Global Compensation, Pay Support, Pay Intake Branch (CGFS/GC/PSP/PI)
Pay Intake Specialist (Payroll Helpdesk)
DoS Managing Director:
Vacant, Managing Director, Global Compensation, (CGFS/GC)
Global Compensation Overview:
With locations in Charleston, South Carolina and Bangkok, Thailand, Global Compensation manages one of the most complex compensation environments in the world. Global Compensation provides compensation services to U.S. Foreign Service employees, Department of State Civil Service employees and Locally Employed (LE) staff. They provide both American and LE Staff with payroll services for U.S. Agencies Overseas and Annuity pay services for Foreign Service Retirees spanning 180 countries and 140 currencies.
Services include time and attendance, payroll, annuity payments, customer support, withholding, benefits, record keeping and reporting for our employees working domestically and overseas at our Embassies and Missions. Global Compensation's primary goal is to provide excellent compensation services to its customers. The contractor will perform these services under Kevin Pickering, Pay Support Director
The Bureau of the Comptroller and Global Financial Services (Charleston), under the U.S. Department of State (DoS), has a requirement for a Compensation Technician in the Pay Intake Division. The Pay Intake Branch is the is the main point of entry for all payroll action requests submitted to the American Pay Processing Department by HR bureaus, timekeepers, and posts. Pay Intake is responsible for disseminating all complete and correct Payroll Employee Action Requests (PEARs) and Annuitant Pay Actions (APPLE) received by the department to the team of Compensation Technicians and Analysts for payroll processing.
- Two-year college degree and one-year experience working in a helpdesk or call center environment.
- Personnel shall possess superior multi-tasking, customer service, organizational, oral and written communication skills, as well as a strong attention to detail.
- Requires intermediate experience with computer-based applications to include, MS Office Suite (Excel, Outlook and Word).
Software Systems Utilized:
- Indexes emails and extracts documents to manage workload using Adobe Acrobat and the American Pay and Annuitant Pay Processing Document Imaging System (DIS). Sending responses using the Pay Intake Email Signature Guide to the sender and managing work in the Pay Intake inbox.
- Review emails in the designated Intake folder against the Payroll Employee Action Request (PEAR) and the Annuitant Pay Processing LE List to ensure the request meets completeness and correctness requirements. Once validity is confirmed, e-mails will either be indexed to the employee's box in DIS or sent to the Indexing Review folder for a secondary review.
- Accurately determine where the correspondence needs to be routed if a request is not processed by American Payroll or Annuitant Payroll.
- Follow procedure for invalid submission requests.
- Operate office machines, such as copiers, scanners, fax machines, voice mail systems and computers.
- Professionally communicate with co-workers, management and customers (internal/external) via email, IM (instant messaging) and in person.
- Assist with on-going training for new employees on Pay Intake duties
- Assist with the timekeeping folder when requested.
- Analyzes Payroll Customer Support tickets on a daily basis and check for PEAR and APPLE completeness/correctness requirements and either index or route the email to Indexing Review when applicable.
- Perform electronic filing of time sensitive and information sensitive payroll documents through the use of the American Payroll Document Imaging System and Pay Intake Outlook Mailbox.
- Perform other payroll project duties as required. Projects include but are not limited to: Scanning Documents for Funds Control or Annuitant Pay Processing, locating effective dates for overpayments, researching in Report. Web
CAPPS (Consolidated American Personnel & Payroll System), GFACS, Report. Web, Microsoft 2007 and 2010, GFS Knowledge Base, GEMS (Government Employee Management System), Excel, DIS (Document Imaging System) and other software systems required to complete the job
Period of Performance:
The contractor is expected to work an 8 hour shift between the hours of 6:15 am - 6:00 pm (Core working hours are 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.) The contractors Work Schedule will be defined based on the work requirements of Global Compensation, Pay Intake Office. The Contractor has a non-compensated, 45-minute lunch Monday through Friday (between the hours of 11:00 am-2:00 pm). This schedule excludes federal holidays observed at the government site. Performance under this task order may require work in excess of the normal forty-hour work week to include weekends as the workload requires it. Work performed in excess of forty hours may be scheduled or unscheduled work and must be authorized by your Project Manager and DoS Management
All personnel provided under this task order must be able to either possess or obtain a government security clearance at a “SECRET” level to be issued by Department of State, Diplomatic Security.
Formal Job-Specific Training Requirements:
GFS10 – Reading and Understanding Fiscal Data
The hourly rate for the Pay Intake Specialist (Payroll Helpdesk Support) is $19.98 per hour (non-negotiable) to include excellent benefits: 10 paid Federal Holidays, Accrued Paid Time Off/Vacation, Medical/Dental, Tuition Reimbursement, 401k through Fidelity and much more.
Haynes, INC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or other protected status in any of the terms or conditions of employment.