At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling:
To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As an IBM Z Hardware IT Specialist you are responsible for maintaining computer systems and networks in top working condition, and for providing assistance and guidance as needed. The role is split between maintenance duties and a general support role which requires strong problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills. An employee in this position will typically provide one or more of the following: systems analysis, programming, troubleshooting, security/product administration, software and hardware installations. The right candidate will be able to participate as needed in the design through implementation process on specialized systems projects. Develops and administers security functions as it relates to data, physical, and user access to the systems. Participates in the maintenance of hardware and software. Assist with significant special projects as required. Performs other job-related duties as assigned. This candidate will assure prompt response to and recovery from systems and network related production interruptions, across multiple hardware platforms, networks and operating systems.
Position will be based in Dallas, TX
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ years of IBM Z hardware and software - experience with system installation, hardware replacement procedures and firmware upgrades. Experience interpreting and diagnosing system error logs.
- Technical planning, ability to discuss technical issues effectively with other mainframe professionals as well as non-technical users. Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage tasks in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and requirements
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills with the ability to develop strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience working with IBM Z and Linux on IBM Z
- Self-motivated and passionate about helping others and interacting with the wider developer community
- Ability to work with cross-functional team members
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Knowledge of web server and API management tools and IBM Cloud
- Understanding of emerging technologies and the latest digital trends
- Knowledge of web development tools such as Wordpress
About Business Unit
IBM Systems helps IT leaders think differently about their infrastructure. IBM servers and storage are no longer inanimate - they can understand, reason, and learn so our clients can innovate while avoiding IT issues. Our systems power the world’s most important industries and our clients are the architects of the future. Join us to help build our leading-edge technology portfolio designed for cognitive business and optimized for cloud computing.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.