The RN serves as the key leader of the interdependent team and is responsible to achieve patient and unit outcomes by coordinating the care for a group of patients. This includes: comprehensive assessment of patient and family needs; identification of outcomes based on the needs assessment; establishing the plan of care; monitoring the progress; and modification of the plan of care as needed.
- Demonstrates commitment to principles of the patient care model (Professional Partnership Model) and achieving the HealthEast nursing vision and strategy
- Utilizes the nursing process, including assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation, to coordinate outcome focused patient care. Throughout this process, also understands and incorporates holistic nursing theory based on Watson's Theory of Caring aligning with the practice standards of the American Holistic Nurses' Association whenever holistic therapy is offered
- Communicates effectively with patient/family, physicians, the interdependent team, and other disciplines regarding the plan of care
- Assesses and documents learning needs of the patient and family. Develops an individualized education plan for patients and families based on identified needs
- Actively participates in creating and implementing improvements at the point of care to achieve clinical quality, customer experience, nursing engagement, and efficiency and effectiveness outcomes
- Complies with regulatory requirements, accreditation standards, board of nursing requirements, patient safety requirements, infection control practices, and other established practice standards, policies, guidelines, and procedures
- Coordinates the interdependent team while promoting collaborative teamwork and cooperation
- Actively participates in the development and achievement of department goals (safety, cost, quality, patient experience, employee engagement)
- Maintains knowledge of, and complies with, all relevant laws, regulations, policies, procedures and standards
- Actively participates in creating and implementing improvements
- Performs other responsibilities as needed/assigned
- Associate's degree in Nursing required. Bachelor's degree preferred
- Valid license to practice registered nursing in Minnesota through the Minnesota Board of Nursing
- Valid Basic Life Support (BLS)
- One year Acute Care RN experience required
- Telemetry experience preferred
- RN Core Competencies - Assessment, Planning, Evaluation: Collects and analyses pertinent data and/or clinical findings.Incorporates clinical findings and scientific evidence in the development, coordination and implementation of an individualized plan of care to achieve desired outcomes. Evaluates progress towards goals and outcomes identifying opportunities for improvement and change
- RN Core Competencies - Evidence Based Practice: Evaluates and/or assists in the evaluation of practice in relation to existing evidence identifying opportunities for the generation and use of research
- RN Core Competencies - Nursing Process: Utilizes the nursing process to provide holistic, compassionate, safe, high quality, population based care
- RN Core Competencies - Patient Safety: Demonstrates practices that support safety with recognition of variations in populations served, preventing harm to patients, families, employees, and themselves
- RN Core Competencies - Professional Practice: Demonstrates behavior consistent with the standards, scope of practice, ethics, and characteristics of a licensed professional
- Computer Skills Basic: Ability to use a computer and applications that are associated with performing basic work tasks (navigate in Windows, Outlook, etc)
At HealthEast, our patients are our neighbors and we are dedicated to their, and our, optimal health and well-being. We are guided by our faith-based heritage, a call to healing that respects the dignity and culture of every person. We empower our patients with user-friendly access to their health information, dependable service, and affordable, high-quality care.
We put new, more efficient models of care into practice, allowing our 7,500 employees and 850 physicians to focus on what’s important: providing compassionate health care that puts the patient and their needs first. With 14 clinics, home care, a medical transportation center, and four hospitals — Bethesda Hospital, St. John’s Hospital, St. Joseph’s Hospital, and Woodwinds Health Campus — we provide excellent family health and specialization, including primary, maternity, orthopaedics and post-acute care.
Job ID 2018-10946
Contract Status NR
Authorized Hours 56
Standard Work Schedule 8 hour shifts every other weekend
HealthEast is an Equal Opportunity Employer. HealthEast will not discriminate in public accommodation, or employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age or genetic information.