Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek ---- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
From ensuring food is free from contaminants, to quickly and accurately diagnosing cancer and other diseases, laboratories worldwide rely on solutions from Agilent Technologies to gain the insights they seek. Agilent is investing in an industry-leading distribution hub in Memphis, Tennessee. Join our team of global logistics professionals adding value to customer partnerships with Agilent.
You will be responsible for receiving and shipping materials in our Regional Logistics Center.
Under minimal supervision, you will perform a variety of tasks related to the operation of the logistics center. Responsible for ensuring all orders are accurately and efficiently distributed in compliance with specified customer-shipping instructions. Responsible for the movement of material throughout the distribution center in accordance with safety, quality and productivity guidelines performed in the following work areas:
Duties & Responsibilities
- Works in a team-oriented environment.
- Perform a variety of tasks in departments according to the work assignments for that day. This may be in regularly assigned departments or others as needed.
- Perform tasks in accordance with standard practices, procedures or methods. Determines and develops approaches to executes tasks.
- Receive incoming shipments of materials in accordance with company standard receiving practices. Unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks and shelves by hand and forklift. Move materials to/from storage or work sites to designated areas using hand truck and power devices. Verify receipts against delivery manifest and/or purchase order.
- Stock, pick and pack materials to and from bin locations and in processing areas according to company standard practices.
- Ship outgoing materials in accordance with company standard practices. Load materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks and shelves by hand and forklift.
- Verify shipments against delivery requirements and/or packing slips. Pack a variety of products in standard containers according to prescribed practices. Cover products with packing material to prevent shifting or breakage.
- Assemble orders and load delivery trucks.
- Process customer returns.
- Execute 5s plan
- Ensure correct merchandise is received, picked, packed and shipped in requested quantities and in proper container. Ensure merchandise is placed in correct stock location. Research and resolve discrepancies. Ensure high levels of accuracy with every task.
- Work as a team player and assist others needed. Work on special projects as needed. Recommend process improvements related to improving quality and increased efficiency or productivity.
- May perform other general duties including, but not limited to, straightening shelves, sweeping floors, removing refuse, washing windows, and the use of hand-operated power scrubbing, waxing and vacuuming equipment.
- Any other functions relating to the completion of daily operational goals.
Night shift hours, start time at 8:00 p.m.
- Minimum of 3 years directly relevant experience
- Experience operating fork lift
- Basic computer skills, experience using SAP is a plus
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lift 50 lbs consistently
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.
Agilent Technologies, Inc., is committed to diversity in the workplace and strives to support candidates with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance with any part of the application or interview process or have questions about workplace accessibility, please contact +1-262-754-5030 email firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please see all of our notices for EEO below.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled