Lead category management and strategic sourcing efforts for assigned spend categories across IT software, including Microsoft EA, Cisco EA, hardware, and direct agreement with manufactures such as HP and Dell technology services and telecommunications in wireless and voice areas. Develop client relationships and drive reengagement with senior staff and stakeholder teams, apply functional expertise to develop and execute category and sourcing strategies. Conduct due diligence activities for complex procurement initiatives, including spend analysis, market research, competitive solicitations, supplier evaluations, costs or benefits analysis, and negotiation of contract terms and conditions, including warranty, indemnification, and liability provisions to mitigate risks. Coordinate, oversee work activities, and develop team members supporting the same areas and clients. Manage supplier and client relationships, vendor performance, and contract management activities. Provide business counsel, resolve supply chain issues, and develop client relationships to drive client engagement. Apply expertise to identify business process improvement opportunities and help implement new tools and procedures.
- 10 years of experience with category management supporting initiatives within designated areas
- 10 years of experience in strategic sourcing, supplier negotiations, contract formation, and contract administration related to software licensing, hardware purchases, telecom agreements and technology services
- Experience with the development of preferred supplier programs and catalog procurement enablement
- Experience with technical applications, including Microsoft Office applications, such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience with market research and applicable informational resources
- Ability to draft contractual agreements for proposed procurement opportunity, review all commercial terms and conditions, and evaluate contractual risk
- BA or BS degree
- Ability to work in a collaborative, high-demand, and client-driven environment
- Ability to exhibit proven results and leadership qualities and interface with internal groups and teams at multiple organizational levels
- Possession of excellent analytical skills, including applying principles of technical and economic evaluation and using these evaluations as a basis for negotiation strategies and sourcing recommendations
- Possession of excellent negotiation, consultative, and interpersonal skills
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
- BA or BS degree in Business, preferred; MBA degree is a plus
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status—to fearlessly drive change.