Under the general direction of the Plant Engineer, Maintenance Manager, or Maintenance Supervisor, this position is responsible to support various electronic maintenance functions which shall include (however are not limited to) installation of new equipment, modifications to existing equipment, repairs and preventative maintenance.
Prefer candidate with knowledge of plastics extrusion, converting, re-pelletizing equipment, as well as plastic resin material handling systems, chillers, air compressors, pumps, blowers, etc. Utilizes computerized maintenance inventory management system (Maximo) for parts requisition and work order processing. Ability to read and interpret electronic wiring schematics and drawings as required.
Essential Functions & Key Responsibilities:
- Electrical Aptitude: Position requires practical knowledge and or ability to use digital multi-meter in order to detect the presence of voltage, faulty wiring, blown fuses, faulty switches, terminal ends, circuit boards, breakers and photoelectric controls. Must be able to troubleshoot simple circuits, three-phase power systems, AC/DC drives, PLC's and servo drive systems. Must be able to perform installation of conduit runs, disconnects, fuse boxes, relays, motor controls motors and brushes.
- Mechanical Aptitude: Proficiency required in mechanics (gears, bearings, pulleys, belts, etc.), pneumatics and hydraulics in order to effectively troubleshoot equipment problems in a timely manner with minimal supervision. Practical knowledge in the use of precision measuring devices such as micrometers, calipers, bore gauges, etc. Ability to safely operate shop tools such as cutoff saws, drill press, bench grinder, hydraulic press, vertical band saw, arc welders, acetylene torch and various other hand tools is essential.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- An Associate’s Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering Technology is preferred
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Successful completion of pre-employment background and drug screen
- Requires a strong commitment to all aspects of safety
- Successful candidate must possess solid leadership skills, be team oriented, and quality focused Attention to detail, a cooperative attitude, sound work ethics, flexibility and patience are essential
- Must be willing to work nights, rotating shifts, weekends and overtime
Requirements include, but are not limited to (all times are approximate):
- Sitting (3-5 hours)
- Standing (5 hours or more)
- Walking (5 hours or more)
- 0-10 lbs. (1-3 hours)
- 10-20 lbs. (3-5 hours)
- 20-50 lbs. (3-5 hours)
- 50-100 lbs. (1-3 hours)
- 100 lbs. or more (1-3 hours)
- 10-20 lbs. (1-3 hours)
- 20-50 lbs. (3-5 hours)
- 50-100 lbs. (1-3 hours)
- 100 lbs. (1-3 hours)
- Pushing (1-3 hours)
- Pulling, Twisting, Climbing (each 1-3 hours)
- Balancing (5 hours or more)
- Stooping, Kneeling (each 1-3 hours)
- Crawling (never)
Reaching, Grasping, Repetitive Motions (each 1-3 hours)
About the Company
- Novolex™ is North America’s leader in packaging choice and sustainability.
- The leadership of Novolex’s packaging brands sprouts from innovation, a diversity of products and markets, and a dedication to sustainability and quality.
- The family of historic Novolex™ brands includes Bagcraft® Packaging, Hilex Poly®, Fortune Plastics®, Duro Bag®, De Luxe® Packaging, Burrows Paper, Novolex Custom Film & Bag™, International Converter®, General Packaging® Products, and Heritage Bag®.
- Each of the Novolex™ brands brings a unique sustainability and product story in plastic, paper, foil, recycling, or composting applications. The Novolex™ brands are unified by four common values: Manufacturing Innovation and Quality; Service; Packaging Choice; and Sustainability.
- Novolex™ is headquartered in Hartsville, SC and has 46 manufacturing facilities around the globe, including the worlds’ largest closed loop plastic bag recycling plant located in Indiana. The company has over 7,000 employees in the US, Canada, Mexico and Europe.
- Novolex™ focuses on customers within the retail, grocery, convenience store, deli, food service, hospitality, institutional, processor and industrial markets. The Novolex™ product portfolio and our engineered solutions are designed to meet customer packaging application needs in the areas of food contact, customer experience, resale items, checkout systems, can liners and packaging operations.
- The company rebranded under the name Novolex™ in November 2014. The change signifies a number of great companies coming together under a new name focused on delivering value to our customers, suppliers and employees through broader product categories and markets. Novolex’s family of packaging brands creates value and synergies by covering the full spectrum of retailer and institutional companies packaging requirements.
- The Novolex™ name is based on the Latin “NOVO” for new and “LEX” a tip of the hat to Hilex Poly, the first brand to become part of the family. The blue and red of our logo represents the integration of both paper and plastic into our sustainability platform with red and blue being the legacy corporate colors of Hilex Poly® and Duro Bag® respectively.
Our Vision Statement
- Novolex’s™ mission is to continue a tradition of leadership established by our historic brands in the areas of packaging choice, customer service, manufacturing innovation, quality, and sustainability.
Our Environmental Mission
- To be a leading provider of packaging solutions that are environmentally friendly, create value for the customer and Novolex™, have excellent quality, and provide superior service.
- We want to accomplish this with an entrepreneurial culture which drives operational excellence and proactively creates ecological solutions.
Novolex's sustainability goal is to establish a viable environmental program and product line that:
- Reduces the impact of plastic and paper on the environment through recycling and increased recycled content
- Sets a high standard of industry leadership and corporate citizenship
- Creates meaningful benefits for the environment and the community
- Facilitates environmental action by retailers and the community
For more information on Novolex™, visit our website at: www.novolex.com
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions and responsibilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. Pre-employment, as well as post-hire substance testing, is required for specified positions through Novolex. Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship.
Novolex™ is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all employment practices, including but not limited to, selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, handicap or disability, genetics, citizenship status, service member or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Any individual, who because of his or her disability, needs an accommodation in connection with an aspect of the Company’s application process should contact Jamie Wells at 800-845-6051.
Novolex is an E-Verify Employer