The Manager is responsible for planning and directing the work of a specific department(s) in accordance with the annual business plan. The Manager assigns work to the Assistant Manager, monitors their work, and takes corrective action when necessary.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide a safety first work environment for all associates.
- Manage, prepare and present business plan activities and results.
- Manage the manpower, space and equipment planning process to ensure maximum efficiencies.
- Ensure the effectiveness and implementation of corrective actions.
- Attend Daily Operation Report (DOR) Meeting; review and present daily activity.
- Participate in the interviewing and evaluating potential team members.
- Conduct performance evaluations of assistant managers.
- Review, approve and resolve discrepancies of supervisors performance evaluations.
- Develop an operating culture that promotes involvement, communication, expectations and accountability and ensures adherence to company policies, ISO 9001 and 14001 Standards.
- Provide a professional environment with relation to both external and internal customers.
- When necessary, this position may be required to perform other functions as required to meet the company’s and/or our customer's needs/demands.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must have at least 4 years of previous management experience.
- Possess advanced knowledge of material service, warehousing and transportation functions.
- Ability to understand and implement strategic plans.
- Ability to effectively communicate both written and orally.
- Ability to multi-task, manage one’s own time and the time of others.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Ability to understand behaviors and persuade and negotiate others to change their minds or behaviors and reconcile differences.
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401k Match
- Company Car & Cell Phone
Job Type: Full-time
- Warehouse/Manufacturing: 2 years
- management: 2 years
- Warehouse: 1 year