Our dock associates are the backbone of our facilities. Using digital scanners and top-notch modern equipment, they manage the day-to-day loading and unloading of freight throughout our system in a safe and professional atmosphere. Due to the familiarity with how we work, they make great candidates for operational leaders when new positions open.
Hours to work are Tuesday - Saturday 5:00 A.M. to 11:00 A.M.
PRIOR DOCK/WAREHOUSE/FORKLIFT EXPERIENCE PREFERRED
Dock Worker Benefits:
- Competitive pay
- Clean & safe facilities
- Profit sharing and 401 (k) plans
- Career advancement opportunities - we promote from within!
- Weekly direct payroll deposits
- A professional atmosphere with quality people since 1971!
- Load/Unload freight -lift requirement: 80 lbs
- Move freight - force requirement: 54 lbs
- Open/Close trailer door - force requirement: 46 lbs
- Count freight
- Operate scanner
- Complete manifest
- Operate forklift
- Regular predictable attendance
Averitt Express is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.