Samsara's customers operate commercial fleets and industrial warehouses, which form the backbone of the nation's economy. Our suite of IoT products help our customers transport food, medicine, and other goods safely across the country, monitor deliveries for unsafe conditions, and help fleet managers improve the efficiency of their operations. Our technology is in use in a majority of US states and spans multiple industries; Samsara is used for municipal operations such as water purification and garbage collection, as well as for helping small trucking operations track assets.
As a Product Design Intern at Samsara:
You might work on:
- You will make impact by designing features that our customers use everyday, just like other full-time designers. Samsara designers work on all the stages from start to finish: research, interaction, visual, testing, prototyping, etc.
- You're excited to shape the experience of our products for people worldwide. This involves talking to users, working with engineers and product managers to understand problems, rapidly designing and iterating on mocks and user flows, and communicating ideas effectively to stakeholders.
- You will collaborate with other designers to ensure a consistent and cohesive product experience.
- You will learn and grow quickly in a fast-paced startup environment.
An ideal candidate would:
- A dashboard for customers to optimize fuel usage over a fleet of vehicles that drives a million miles per week
- A mobile app that eliminates thousands of pieces of paper logs for each individual customer by letting drivers log and certify hours electronically
- An internet-connected dashcam product that improves fleet safety by preventing accidents, coaching unsafe drivers, and exonerating drivers from false complaints
- Enjoy understanding our users and what would make their day to day processes easier to manage
- Have a portfolio showcasing end-to-end design process, excellent interaction, visual design, prototyping skills, and product thinking / problem solving ability.
- Seek to iterate on new features based on customer feedback
- Have understanding of how to design for responsive web and mobile platforms
- Show excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be humble and motivated to ship the best product
This internship is a 12 week program during the summer of 2019.