Under the direction of the Assistant Director of HNO or its designee, the HNO client support staff provides assistance to Hispanic and Newcomer Outreach clients, coordinating all the necessary activities to ensure that clients receive the appropriate services. The client support staff assists with class enrollment, attends to general office procedures, responds to phone calls, makes the appropriate referrals and works closely with assistant director, with timely and accurate accounting procedures.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Fully Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Human Services or related field
- Ability to work well with people of varying economic and cultural background.
- Good record keeping abilities.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with people of varying economic and cultural backgrounds.
- Conscientious and hard-working attitude; ability to work autonomously at times as well as in a team environment
- Effective written communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills and in-depth knowledge of relevant software – especially Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point) and Social Media web platforms
- Reliable, self-motivated and flexible.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the digital media landscape, including several social media websites
- Ability to keep all work-related information confidential as necessary
- Forward thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Have a sense of compassion and patience in order to communicate effectively with clients.
- Successful completion of initial and on-going employment screens, including, but not limited to criminal background, sex offender, drug screen, OIG, valid Michigan driver’s license, abuse and neglect and vehicle record check as required;
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Receives incoming calls and walk-in traffic; requests that clients register to determine the nature of their visit/needs and directs them to the appropriate staff person. Reviews the office’s voice mail for messages.
- Schedules client appointments for all services provided by HNO employees
- Provides all HNO courses general information and process enrollment
- Registers ESL students, provide initial test, and maintain communication with Oakland University ESL coordinator
- Creates and maintains HNO calendar of events including: classes, workshops, Mother’s Day, graduation ceremony and others
- Provides clients with a receipt for payment and/or donations.
- Creates weekly deposit reports including bank deposits.
- Creates monthly credit card and quarterly petty cash or other disbursement authorization reports.
- Creates and maintain reception desk processes, describing all the activities for everyone else to follow when the person at the reception is not available.
- Keeps track to order office supplies appropriately.
- Calls vendors for office equipment repairs with prior authorization.
- Organizes the reception area, including cabinets and supplies within those cabinets.
- Maintains lobby, copy, donation and coffee areas in an orderly appearance; make sure information posted in the bulletin boards is being reviewed and approved prior posting.
- Coordinates donations including its display for orderly storage and appearance.
- Assists with mail distribution.
- Types memos, correspondence, reports, and other documents.
- Performs variety of clerical duties.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by supervisor
Position Classification, Type & Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time non-exempt position. Days and hours of work are Monday and Wednesday, 2:00 pm -8:00pm. Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 2:00pm-5:00pm.
Job Type: Part-time