A Penske Body Shop Technician II is required to perform diagnostic procedures and truck and trailer repairs such as Cab/Sheet Metal Repair, Composite Bonding/ Repair, Heating/ Air Conditioning Systems, Surface Preparation, Fiberglass Repair, and Box Repair/ Replacement without supervision. Under supervision, this position will also perform diagnostic procedures and repairs such as Suspension Repair/ Alignment, Electrical/ Brake/ Cooling System, Painting/ Mixing/ Tinting/ Blending, and Welding/ Fabricating.
8820 Corridor Rd, Annapolis Junction, MD 20701
- Perform mechanical and general appearance reconditioning of truck and trailer equipment for "trade-ins" and prepare new equipment for delivery.
- Identify and determine parts required for repair of disassembled units
- Identify warrantable repairs and document on repair order
- Maintain work area appearance and safety
- Road test vehicles when necessary
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- 4 years practical experience (or an equivalent combination of related education and experience) required
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Vocational/technical school preferred
- Specialized training and experience in the repair/refinish of all series of truck and trailer preferred
- Proficiency in the use of all tools of trade (including welding equipment, paint equipment, shop machines, and power tools) required
- Current CDL with air brake certification
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook required
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to remember and understand certain instructions, guidelines or other information. The associate must be able to see and verbally
communicate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.