Zamma Corporation is the leading building products manufacturer in the United States within its niche, providing a full line of innovative, top quality, highly-engineered products and serving leading Home Center, OEM, and Distributor customers throughout the U.S. and Canada. The company has been in business for over 50 years and enjoys a reputation for offering superior quality products at value-oriented prices, while providing first class customer service.
Zamma is looking for an energetic, multi-talented hands-on and proactive Master Scheduler/Planner to join our team and assume responsibility for providing leadership and direction over all aspects of Supply Chain, Planning and Production Scheduling. Overall, the Master Scheduler/Planner will be fully responsible to:
- Perform all planning and scheduling for key master planned items at the company's main US manufacturing operation.
- Work cross-functionally throughout the organization within both the Supply Chain and Production Operations, as well as Marketing, Sales, Customer Service, Finance/Accounting, to meet critical business goals.
- Develop the master production schedule to satisfy customer demand while carrying minimum effective inventory, and incorporating labor/machine capabilities and capacities into the master schedule.
- Provide production planning, purchasing, and manage the information to plan operations to optimize the business and meet customer requirements.
- Provide production with a production plan consistent with the plant capacity and sales forecast.
- Evaluate and analyze data regarding processes and systems, resolve problems with inventory, production schedules, or materials shortages and recommend procedures to avoid future problems.
- Use sales forecasts, new business opportunities, customer expectations and internal capacity to develop production plans.
The Master Scheduler/Planner will be an integral member of our management team and will work closely with senior management and select Board Members to strengthen the company's purchasing, planning, production, and related operational functions. The Master Scheduler/Planner must possess significant hands-on skills and experience in these functions.
- At least 5 years of experience in performing and managing the responsibilities and duties of a company Planner/Scheduler in a manufacturing company environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or Engineering required
- Demonstrated success managing a supply management process
- Experience in a Lean Manufacturing environment and knowledgeable in Lean principles and methodologies.
- Practical experience in transaction Six Sigma tools.
- Knowledge and experience in MRP and/or ERP systems inventory control, materials requirements planning, item master, demand planning, and advanced supply chain planning modules.
Zamma Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time