Senior Software Test Engineer
Come to Seattle, WA, to Help Build Public Safety Solutions with Comtech!
To learn more about Comtech Telecommunications (CMTL), visit our website by clicking www.comtech911.com
You can see the big picture, and get excited about testing software applications that support emergency 9-1-1 (E9-1-1) systems. You also crave an opportunity to work with the best and brightest software testing teams, in an environment that is rewarding and collaborative.
Your New Opportunity
Initially, you will be working with world-class software test engineers to learn about the E9-1-1 domain and Comtech’s E9-1-1 solutions. You will set up the test environments for E9-1-1 solution applications and create new manual tests to be run against new requirements. You will create automated test scripts and utilize your scripting skills in UNIX/Linux environment. You will be testing all E9-1-1 solutions, by simulating call traffic in a test lab. You will design and develop various types of performance tests including scalability, stress, soak, system high end availability. Eventually, as a Sr. Software Test Engineer, you will be able to identify innovative approaches for test automation that will boost productivity. Your position will be vital for the success of Comtech’s software solutions related to E9-1-1 calls nationwide.
AS A SENIOR SOFTWARE TEST ENGINEER, YOU WILL NEED:
ADDITIONAL VALUED CAPABILITIES INCLUDE:
- 5+ years’ experience functional testing applications in UNIX/Linux environment
- A strong background in performance testing and analyzing multi-tier applications, and web applications
- In-depth understanding of SIP protocol, TCP/IP and related network protocols
- Shell scripting experience
- Core knowledge of Wireless 2G/3G/4G-LTE or VoIP applications
- Experience writing SQL queries
- Bachelor degree in related field or equivalent education/experience
- Programming experience in C++ and/or Java
- Experience designing/developing automation scripts for functional testing
- Experience simulating messages between network nodes adhering to SS7 and/or SIP protocol
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Hands on experience with MGTS, Empirix, SBC
To inquire about this position or other state of Washington openings, please email our Sr. Recruiter: Jon.Hutchinson@Comtechtel.com .
Comtech is an Equal Opportunity Employer