What gives Dell our competitive advantage? It’s our ability to achieve cost savings as we operate at the cutting edge of technology. Working in an environment that’s as complex as it is critical, our Buyer team within Materials and Procurement manages a group of indirect categories, such as real estate, marketing material, supplies or software. We use our in-depth knowledge and experience to develop strategic relationships with external suppliers as well as with key stakeholders. Our role also includes leading contract negotiations, managing risk, driving cost-saving initiatives and implementing strategic sourcing best practices.
This role will be responsible for global supply planning for Processors commodity area. This involves
- Ensure sourcing efforts meet business goals and objectives.
- Lead activities related to global sourcing, maintaining continuity of supply, transition management, and all other tasks associated with processor supply.
- Work closely with Dell’s suppliers and internal teams to ensure product availability at product launch.
- Coordinate global supply for specific components.
- Balance available supply globally against regionally requirements.
- Collaborate with teams to regulate supplier mix of the total available market while managing transitions globally to minimize Dell’s excess and obsolete inventory. -Engage functional leaders to perform analysis and identify areas for performance improvement.
- Work with regional demand teams to validate the global demand and recommend demand shaping.
- Develop strategies and communications related to processor supply.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Planner/Buyer or related field of study and 5+ years of experience as Global Supply Management Advisor or related occupation.
- Analytical skills to evaluate and interpret complex situations/ problems using multiple sources of information
- Master's degree in Business Management, Business Administration, Supply Chain Management or related field of study and 2+ years of experience as Global Supply Management Advisor, Planner/Buyer or related occupation in lieu of a Bachelor's degree plus 4 years of experience.
- Demand/MRP forecasting; data analysis; and supply chain management.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.